I went for an interview on last month. Everything went smoothly....:)

Then the company called me up and we further chatted on job requirement, my expectations, their expectations, ect for an hour. Then the in-charge offered me the job verbally via phone. He suggested he will draw up a offer letter for me to review the salary package. That was one week ago...

Now, no news from them.

Should I write to follow up with them......I know I should do that.

How should I phrase it?

Has anyone ever have a company offering the job and later they redraw the whole offer?

yellow carnation
Originally posted by will_woman

Has anyone ever have a company offering the job and later they redraw the whole offer?

No!...but anything is possible I guess.

Wait till the end of this week, then contact them on Monday.

Just phrase it so they can see how enthusiatic you are to start your new job!

Good luck :)

Did the two of you come to verbal agreement on the salary package after discussing it? They may be waiting on you to see how interested you really are after discussig money.

If you want this job then yes you need to follow up ASAP and make it known you want the job. If they are talking to any one else and don't hear back from you then you are going to miss the boat. Get the "get my desk ready" attitude and find out what is going on! Good luck!

"Bigger and better in Texas" :p

• Author

The person in charge was saying "okay....you are the right person for the job. I offer you the job. But somehow, your present pay package is rather high."

He keep stressting that my present pay is too high...but he never ask me how much lower am I willing to go. I also did not mention about the pay scale as I was waiting for him to quote me a price first. Then he felt that I was not quite comfortable to talk about pay. And he said that he will draft up the letter with the figures and let me think about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

We have not agreed to any salary package yet.

The company suddenly wanted me to meet their people for dinner but I was away on biz trip.

Then I replied saying my schedule is occupied and i am leaving the next day.

Then the company kept quiet. A few days later, i emailed them suggesting that i can arrange a meeting once i am back in one week time. No news again.

My emails to them are always display my ethunsiam.

I never expected anyone to verbally offer the job and keep quiet about the salary.

I also saw that they place advertisement on same position. They should be looking for other candidates.

If I was the prospective employer I would think that you were not interested in the job.

It seems to me that you haven't given it a high enough priority.. or at least that is the way it seems from this side..

just my 2 cents

If they have place an ad .. then that might be your answer.. they are looking at other people and they might not think you are the one.. because of the pay issue