I won my appeal! YAY!

HokeyReligions

I filed an appeal with unemployment and WON! I showed them the documentation that I kept (always keep records!) and told unemployment to request the dates and times I was logged in at my old job and compare it with my timesheets -- which only showed 40/hrs a week even though I was working between 45 - 60 hrs/wk and when they requested that information from the 'witch' they withdrew their accusations and I am getting my unemployment! So, even if I don't have another project to go to when this one finishes -- I will receive unemployment! I got my check in the mail today - along with a check for the 3 days I worked last week!

------------------

The plumber from the insurance company was out today -- they wouldn't settle the claim until they knew exactly the reason our pipes all backed up, and if it was caused by our tree roots it would not be covered, well---it was caused by tree roots alright--but not outs, our neighbors! So we are covered! AND when the first plumber came out he charged us an extra $95 because he claimed that he had to use 150-foot snake and the warranty only covers the first 100 feet and the plumber today said that was hogwash, our line is only 85 feet! So we are going after the first company to recoup that $95. The guy scammed us and we had no way of knowing. But now we have proof.

• Like 1
A Fly onThe Wall

Alright... Cheers to you.. good things are around the corner

I'm glad you kicked their as*

Congrats! 'bout time something good happened to you.

Yeah, really, Hoke, so happy that something good happened in your life! See, July's curse isn't carrying over! :D

hot damn, hokey! That witch cannot keep dragging you down without it coming back to blow up in her face. Now wouldn't it be interesting if you could take that same information down to the Labor Board and tell them you think she's implementing unscrupulous business practices (like short-charging the number of hours you actually work, thus, in effect lying to TEC about your unemployment eligibility). There's more than one way to skin a cat.

hope the rest of the week gets better ;)

• Like 1

Boy, Hokey, you sure fight for every inch of everything you get! You're an awesome person, I pray that life gets easier for you, you desirve it.

Congrats for the fight you've just won!

That is so great Hokey!.......

I got some good news today as well.

I got my job back after being fired!!!

You (and other members) may have noticed I never post about my critical issues,

just benign stuff....but I'm just bursting with happiness now, and when I'm ready I will likely reveal all the sorted details. :laugh:

Take care, hun......

Rosalind :bunny:

Congrats for having your job back, Rosalind! That's a lot of pressure off your shoulders, I'm sure.

Thanks Curly,

I hope hockey errr I mean Hokey (I'm sooo Canadian, LOL!) has a guardian angel watching over her too.

Rosalind :bunny: