Self employed driver

It's off topic but I've had a recent breakup and it cost me my job. I am considering going for one of these self employed multi drop driver jobs as a stop gap. Can anyone give me any insight into average earnings and hours worked doing this kind of work.

I've had 2 offers. 1 using my own car and another company who will take me on but I have to rent a van off them at £300/month which includes insurance extras.

If you have your own car it will be a better deal. I doubt you can earn $300 per month doing this even FT. I know a few people who do this & bartend / waitress to make ends meet. To some extent it's about how much time & what time you put into it. Just be careful. You may not be compensated if you get in a car accident.

• Author
If you have your own car it will be a better deal. I doubt you can earn $300 per month doing this even FT. I know a few people who do this & bartend / waitress to make ends meet. To some extent it's about how much time & what time you put into it. Just be careful. You may not be compensated if you get in a car accident.

I'm not work shy and willing to work a good 12 hour shift if it makes me hit £400 a week profit. Just not sure which is best to go with as I'd not want to lease a van then not get any work and be left with a van to pay for

Exactly, that's why your own car would be better. But do check with your insurance company.

• Like 1