Next career moves

mortensorchid

I am a multi district sub and a job coach for special people, I am doing another juggle this year. Last year for fall semester I juggled two jobs - working most weekday mornings and ever other weekend at a group home for the developmentally disabled, subbing on afternoons/days off. Then I quit the group home job - I got into trouble because one of the residents did not come down to the office to take his meds that weekend. He usually went home every weekend with his family and that weekend he didn't apparently, but no one left me a note. So I got into trouble, so I quit. I don't miss the job - you sit on your can all day, you make peanuts at it, and they don't treat the employees nicely. After I had quit they called me back to tell me I didn't fill out an RX distribution form, the reason I didn't fill it out was because I didn't work on those days. It was the right decision.

I took a weekend tutoring job this fall, it was fly by night and poorly managed. After a month, I quit.

I attempted to get into full time teaching at a Catholic / private / boarding schools and had interviews this summer. All said they chose someone else but I was on their sub lists. A good sign. I am a multi-district sub again this year and a job coach to special people again. I keep treading water, I'm getting closer to a full time teaching job someday, somehow. And today I had a talk with one of the supervisors at job coaching, the person said I was too harsh with her but her position is dicey. She forgets to do a lot of things. For the health and safety of the residents of the nursing home she may not be the best person to be a cleaner. (She left a bottle of cleaning fluid in a patient's room which is a major no-no.)

I have to decompress and keep moving forward ...

Are you in the US? What are you qualified to teach? My understanding is that there is a big teacher shortage. Are you applying to multiple districts? Would you consider relocating?