LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Can credit card debt cost me my job?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:43 AM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redguitar35 View Post
They said the background check went through and Iím officially hired
Yay!!! Congratulations!!!!!
knabe likes this.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:52 AM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
Yay!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Thanx

I want everyone to know that you do not have to stay in a job you hate or that doesn’t pay you what you’re worth. I got turned down for a raise at my company, so I went out and found another job that would pay me what I felt I should be making. I turned down offers that didn’t fit my salary requirements. I went out there and got what I wanted. Anything’s possible if you don’t give up and keep the end goal in mind!

Last edited by Redguitar35; 3rd October 2017 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Spellcheck
Redguitar35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 1:35 PM   #33
Established Member

Congratulations! So happy for you. I hope this job is everything you have been waiting for. Don't burn any bridges on your way out of the job you hate; you never know who may pop up in your future. Some guy here on LS changed jobs 2x since his break up & recently his EX turned up as his new boss. Whoops.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 5:52 PM   #34
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redguitar35 View Post
They said the background check went through and I’m officially hired
Congratulations! I'm glad it worked out for you and you have the job.

Be doubly thankful though, both that you got a job you liked, and that the background check on your credit didn't sink you. I just saw this thread a few moments ago and frankly, when I read the OP, I winced because I am aware that bad credit is often considered grounds for rescinding an offer. You got lucky.

So, make your new job work, and pay down your debt!

Last edited by Imajerk17; 3rd October 2017 at 5:56 PM..
Imajerk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 5:08 AM   #35
Established Member

CONGRATS on the job!!!

I went thru testing, interviewing and was rated the #1 pick for an opening. they called me 2 days later and said they would not be offering me the position. I asked why and they said my credit score.

So it does happen.

I don't worry anymore. I worked my butt off paying off debts from my xH and the divorce and working on my credit. Its fine now and I protect it like an extra kid.

Excessive debt is not great but if all else is ok you should be fine.
eye of the storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 10:32 AM   #36
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Congratulations! So happy for you. I hope this job is everything you have been waiting for. Don't burn any bridges on your way out of the job you hate; you never know who may pop up in your future. Some guy here on LS changed jobs 2x since his break up & recently his EX turned up as his new boss. Whoops.
I think that burned bridges are sometimes unavoidable particularly when the employee leaves on his or her own terms. What’s sad is that my employers could’ve kept me if they had simply accepted my request for a slight raise. Instead they chose to be a bunch of jerks about it. I wasn’t even asking for the amount my new company ultimately offered me.

Last edited by Redguitar35; 6th October 2017 at 10:35 AM..
Redguitar35 is offline   Reply With Quote