Clinical research monitor nightmare

So recently the company I work for is a clinical research company. I was asking the study monitor if she could please tell me the name of a medication a patient was on, as he had an allergic reaction to it. She seemed to minimize it and basically wouldn't listen to what our doctor was saying about it.****

I then went higher to the medical team, as she was busy and had him unblinded, as he wouldn't return his medication.****

We had a call the next day she gave me a call later about something I had told her about, regarding a new patient being ranomized, or put in the study a few days out of window. She basically said I have gone to the medical team behind your back and you cant have the patient and continued to go on about something else we had done wrong.****

I basically hung up on her and then proceeded to go higher for approval of this person to be randomized who was out of window. I am not sure what to do now, as she is majorly power tripping and I have actually complained to her manager and asked for us to be assigned a new study monitor.***It seemed she was seeking revenge. Has anyone been there?

UpwardForward

Medical profession seems to only want to go through the motions... and while protecting their own backs. The patient being last.

Fortunate for the patient that you wish to pursue and record it.

Not all patients have family members monitoring and looking out for them. Doctor or staff would not pick up on an allergic reaction for days/weeks.

I would keep going until you get answers .. and to record it. Patient's health, comfort is involved.

• Like 1
SunnyWeather
Medical profession seems to only want to go through the motions... and while protecting their own backs. The patient being last.

Fortunate for the patient that you wish to pursue and record it.

Not all patients have family members monitoring and looking out for them. Doctor or staff would not pick up on an allergic reaction for days/weeks.

I would keep going until you get answers .. and to record it. Patient's health, comfort is involved.

Yes, note every contact and interaction in detail.

• Author

It seems as though she sought revenge for making her look bad for not reporting the medication issue.

It's their job to look out for patient safety and I am not so sure she was.

So she took it out on me by tattling to the drug company about a stupid out of window patient visit (sorry for the research terms). This couldve been handled differently. She was trying to undermine me and then she called the doctor I work with to complain about me.

He didn't listen and we requested someone else to be on the project. She then got to the company told them a bunch of lies and had us temporarily shut down. .... what kind of a human?