Puzzling Coworker

youdon'tsay17

There is a lot to go into...so I appreciate anyone that can provide any feedback and thanks for reading :)

The beginning: Married Co-worker has acted odd around me since I started over 6 months ago she used to (and still does frequently) pop up everywhere I was (staff room, kitchen, mail room).

I ignored those things but found them amusing, she often comes past my desk and teases me and asks if I am working hard or says thing like you look busy.

It has now got to the stage where she she is always coming past my desk on a route that she doesn’t need to go on, is now saying good morning, often with a nice smile and has a few times touched my arm and said Hey…she often stops for chats and has asked me a great deal of questions over time.

I’ve seen her watch me talk to other Female co-workers and at meetings she seems to linger around or is sitting in a seat where she is in direct range of where I sit.

But recently it got back to me that she called me a creep behind my back and as I didn't want to confront her for fear of her thinking I was harassing her or making her uncomfortable I spoke to my team leader.

My team leader told me that she did say those things but it was taken out of context and she told me that I said some things that made her uncomfortable, when I asked my team leader how can that be?, I hardly spoke to her, I can actually recall conversations I had with her and they were polite conversations about work, how long had she been there etc I was told she didn't really say what the things were and after the meeting went home in tears.

She approached me today and wanted to chat and ended up telling me that she was sexually assaulted at a young age (would you tell someone you have only known for 6 months this?), burst into tears (it was quite awkward to be honest) told me she wanted to quit, didn't mean what she said and told me that I was a really Friendly older Guy and it was weird for her (for the record I treat her exactly the same as my other colleagues and I work with over 50 Women in my job) more was said but it's not important, she apologized and I said I forgave her but I find it hard to trust her and that we must move on and be professional.

I am really puzzled as there are other older Guys working there and i have seen them ask her how her weekend was etc but she only has the issues with me?

After the chat she kept coming to my desk and asked general questions and at one stage came past and said "I don't even know why I am walking down this way" haha

Not only that but her ex-Friend that told me what she said that the comment was made at work while the Girl says that it was made outside of work.

A good Friend told me that she is projecting her insecurities on me, if this is the case...why?

Edited by youdon'tsay17