LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

amount of raise?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th August 2017, 3:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Is a $0.50 (fifty cents) per hour raise insulting? It's in line with a 3% c.o.l.a.

I'm a small business owner with a cash flow problem. I want to reward my employee on her anniversary for a job well done but don't have a lot of money to spare. I do give bonuses every once in a while when cash flow is better.
No it is not. Example: When I was with my last company I got .50 every six months but I shut down my crew to get that,,,and I would not budge and with my skills my boss would never fire me. I talked to the guys and I told them not to work. I called my boss and said we are all on strike as of now. Period! Your done without me and these guys I trained.

I turned his small business of one crew of 4 guys into 3 crews in under a year and he could never let me go since I was requested by our clients personally.

I got my whole full time crew a wage hike and annual bonus from that day on. If you are starting out your business take a small hit now and again. This is my business ethic even today with a new business I just started several months ago. I take a small dime hit for the dollar later.

If you have a worker that makes you dimes starting out that may turn to dollars...you keep him/her at any cost. A small bonus goes a long way as with regular PRAISE on the positive and not a COMPLAINT session for something small.

Gift cards go a long way and speak volumes and a good talk of praise for the good work well done. Your worker will understand your starting out. Yeah a small card seems small to you, but a small bonus card for Barnes & Nobles to me was like a million bucks.

Just an opinion and experience and nothing more.
stixx is offline   Reply With Quote