LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Girl at work - Does she like me, should I do something?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2017, 6:56 AM   #16
Established Member

Is she "single", ie unattached?
All this thinking on your part will be purely academic if she has a bf lurking in the wings.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2017, 1:29 PM   #17

I, too, think you should ask her out if you really like her. But, tbh, from what you describe I wouldn't necessarily assume that she likes you for more than a friend. The behavior you are describing is quite common between work colleagues of the opposite sex, particularly when the job is boring. Friendly gestures and even some flirting are a way to bond with a colleague and can help one get through a stressful work day.

Now, I may be something of a flirt, but I work with mostly guys (about 20 or so) and I engage in the behavior you've described with all of them, whether I even like them or not. In fact, tbh what you describe is mild in comparison. I couldn't imagine not having some fun at work and just being serious and formal with everyone all day.

But at any rate, I say go for it, because that's the only way to truly find out her feelings.
jkeefer928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2017, 6:28 PM   #18

No, the lunch would not be anything more than a start. I certainly won't be coming straight out with my feelings.
As far as the flirting goes, I wouldn't think anything of it either but the fact there are so many other guys of a similar age and I'm the only one that gets that treatment makes me think this.
Libba28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2017, 6:33 PM   #19
Established Member

Have lunch with her & test your theory by trying to get her to do something after work with you next
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2017, 9:03 PM   #20

Haven't had a chance to test my theory yet due to being away from work but one more thing, why does she hold eye contact and then every 10 seconds or so will glance down at my belt?

Last edited by Libba28; 24th August 2017 at 9:17 PM..
Libba28 is offline   Reply With Quote