How do some of you guys handle stress? Especially if you have a very stressful job, how do you separate it from your personal life. I've heard of some workers coming home to bully their children or wives.

I remember one time I had so much job stress I couldn't sleep at night. Do you ever get used to it that you can tolerate it easily?

How do some of you guys handle stress? Especially if you have a very stressful job, how do you separate it from your personal life. I've heard of some workers coming home to bully their children or wives.

I remember one time I had so much job stress I couldn't sleep at night. Do you ever get used to it that you can tolerate it easily?

My husband and I have always taken the approach that if a job is stressing us this much, we need to either work with management to make the job better or to find a new job.

• Like 1
coded language

Exercise, almost exclusively. I can work non-stop for weeks in stressful situations if and only if I regularly take my aggression and tension out on a barbell. I feel wonderful afterwards and it helps me sleep.

Edited by coded language

Compartmentalize. I leave most of my work stresses at work to the best of my ability. I don't take it personally and it doesn't define me. If, at the end of the day, I am that unhappy in my position I look for other opportunities.