LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Stress adaptation

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By basil67

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2017, 2:18 AM   #1
Established Member

Stress adaptation

How do some of you guys handle stress? Especially if you have a very stressful job, how do you separate it from your personal life. I've heard of some workers coming home to bully their children or wives.

I remember one time I had so much job stress I couldn't sleep at night. Do you ever get used to it that you can tolerate it easily?
FastHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2017, 2:31 AM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastHands View Post
How do some of you guys handle stress? Especially if you have a very stressful job, how do you separate it from your personal life. I've heard of some workers coming home to bully their children or wives.

I remember one time I had so much job stress I couldn't sleep at night. Do you ever get used to it that you can tolerate it easily?
My husband and I have always taken the approach that if a job is stressing us this much, we need to either work with management to make the job better or to find a new job.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 1:30 PM   #3

Exercise, almost exclusively. I can work non-stop for weeks in stressful situations if and only if I regularly take my aggression and tension out on a barbell. I feel wonderful afterwards and it helps me sleep.

Last edited by coded language; 6th July 2017 at 1:36 PM..
coded language is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 10:37 AM   #4
Established Member

Compartmentalize. I leave most of my work stresses at work to the best of my ability. I don't take it personally and it doesn't define me. If, at the end of the day, I am that unhappy in my position I look for other opportunities.
Got it is offline   Reply With Quote