LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Contracting work

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GunslingerRoland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2017, 5:22 PM   #1
Established Member

Contracting work

I have been doing contract work for almost a year now. My old employer hired me as a contractor three months after firing me with the promise of reinstatement of my full time job by the 6 month date of my firing. Well, that never happened. Instead, I got an email from my Recuriter stating my contract had been extended to May 14th. Two weeks later, my bosses/employer told me I had a job there as long as I wanted it but my Recuriter at my contracting firm has never sent me a contract renewal. I contacted him several times concerning the extension, conversion to FTE and/or finding me another position if my bosses don't plan on retaining me. As of today, I've heard nothing from either my Recuriter or bosses. So what should I do? Show up for work on May 15th and continue working? I've never had this happen before. They usually let me know something a month in advance. I've been going to interviews and applying for other jobs. If they are letting me go, it would be nice to know so I could take a trip in between jobs. Don't understand why no one will give me an update on the situation.
Gagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 7:17 AM   #2
Established Member

Send a letter or email to both . . . getting them to clarify & supply a new contract.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 9:12 AM   #3
Established Member

That is very unprofessional. Is there something in your contract that states that if the contract lapses you keep getting paid at the same salary, etc? If not, i wouldn't be working without a contract.

Also most companies that hire out subcontractors have clauses that make it impossible for your to leave them and start right away with the company you were contracted out too. Don't be surprised if that inhibits you from becoming an employee of the company (for 6 months?) if they decide to hire you back as an employee.
GunslingerRoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 9:28 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunslingerRoland View Post
Also most companies that hire out subcontractors have clauses that make it impossible for your to leave them and start right away with the company you were contracted out too. Don't be surprised if that inhibits you from becoming an employee of the company (for 6 months?) if they decide to hire you back as an employee.

Very true but the staffing agency will allow you or your new employer to buy you out of that non compete agreement.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote