Has anyone had some thoughtful things been done for them at work?

My supervisor today bought a cake (mud cake. Mmm) in my honor for everyone because I had finished my Traineeship plus it was my 1 year work anniversary and they decided to keep me on (which was a relief since I am renting at the moment). Everyone gathered around and congratulated me and had some cake. I thought that was really sweet.

Especially since during birthdays we usually get our own cakes if we want too because everyone seems to forget who's birthdays when. Lol. I thought that was a little strange at first but could see why they do that. There is like around 10 to 15 people in our department.

HokeyReligions

Well, at my last company I brought in a cake when a woman came from Italy for the project and passed her drivers test and got her American drivers liscense. I made a special sign on it with the American and Italian flags and it had a cute red VW w/ big flowers on it as a cake topper. Everyone was surprised & pleased. The nice thing for me is that my boss insisted I expense it!

Waaaay back in time, before I got married, I was working for the power company and I had been transferred to a department where I was the one who didn't fit in---you know what I mean? There were all these cliques and I wasn't in any of them. I never went to lunch with anyone - that sort of thing.

Well, I came to work one day and at lunch time people started to gather in the middle open office area as they always did when there was a birthday & BD cake. I got up and sidled into the doorway of a side office and whispered to one of the managers "Who's birthday? I didn't see or get to sign the card!" and he just looked at me funny and then they brought out a nice cake and several pretty gifts (we had never done gifts before for a birthday) and I was standing there second-guessing myself and wondering what the heck I had missed because I knew NOTHING about what was going on and then someone pushed me forward and the cake said "Congrat's" and the gifts were for me---it was my one and only wedding shower! I was absolutly dumbfounded!

<< Is so jealous!

LOL I'm just happy to get My Paycheck on time, for the full amount and without a hassle.... Crap!

• Author
Originally posted by Merin

<< Is so jealous!

LOL I'm just happy to get My Paycheck on time, for the full amount and without a hassle....

Agree with you there. :).

I was talking to one of my co workers about how my pay was gonna up now that I was a full employee and he goes "we'll we don't go to work for the love of it".

laRubiaBonita

one of the guys i work with searched out a mini eyeglass screw driver for me the other day.

i told him it was not a big deal, i only asked because my :cool: sunglasses came apart- and he wears glasses, so i thought he may have one. But it was raining ouside, and i had one at home.

well he had gotten one for me from one of the other ladies upstairs. :D

it was just soo thoughtful! :cool:

IhavenoFREAKINclue

For my 21st Bday everyone in the office threw me a surprise party. I was saying how I never had one before! SOOOOOO much fun and a total surprise! I love the people here.

Some guy here also saw that my tires were getting bald and had his brother (owner of a tire store) come replace them for free! What a gentlemen :love:

Believe it or not, nice guys do exist. Its just hard to find them through all the cheaters and a**holes.

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

Our receptionist went for a breast reduction last week. On her last day at work a couple of coworkers made her a set of boobs cake! Complete with ju-jube nipple and a nipple ring! She got a kick out of it.

Once in a while the owners will spring for a free lunch for us, or we'll all just order some burgers and they'll pay for it for us.

curiousnycgirl

Well I am usually the one who does nice things for others, so for me it is hard. I am also the social coordinator. I'll arrange a drinks night once a month or so, usually around 20-50 people come and go, and it is nice. Upon occasion I'll even through a drinks nite at my house - because I live close and it is more comfortable.

Well imagine my surprise when during our last drinks nite (which I coordianted like all the others) when over 100 people showed up, and stayed for HOURS because someone had a big mouth and told everyone I had turned 40 that week! They had even reached out to the owner of the restaurant to tell him and he provided free appetizers for the crowd (yup I'm there quite a bit - lol) they even had a wonderful chocolate on chocolate cake (yup I'm a chocoholic) and sang to me!

My boss and colleagues even pooled their money and gave me a gift certificate to a spa!

Yup it was a pretty awesome nite.