key things you have learned

I don't think act dim is the way to go but I agree with talk less & listen more as well as let others underestimate you.

Best business lesson I learned which was also one of the toughest to implement for me was how to network / do personal marketing. Those first few times it's tough to walk into a room full of strangers, shake their hands & try to drum up business. As a woman, especially, I was very worried that if I tried to talk to a man at one of these events he would think I wanted to sleep with him, not get him to buy my business services (I'm not in the oldest profession)

• Like 1
Mind-Chants

The best thing I learnt: Everything is running smoothly because you are under-utilizing your resources.

The best thing I was told: Don't believe people who say yes to your every word.

• Like 1

I have learned to ask first, speak second. I find a "help me help you" approach has been very beneficial for me in building relationships.

thefooloftheyear

Speaking from the employers side...

Your best ability is reli-ability...

and

expect nothing and you will never be disappointed..

TFY

I've learned always to cover your own...well you know how the rest goes.

In politics, a state legislature always told me to arrive fashionably late. I could never understand that. I told him, as a shy person, I don't like to late as all eyes will be upon me as I walk into the room. He famous words said, "exactly." "You want to make a statement."

Gawd! I miss that guy! RIP and thank you for your service. He was our first black Lt. Governor in CA.

When I attend my meet and greets political events, guess what, I show up fashionably late and I seem to catch all the who's who when I'm there and I do make a statement.

MuddyFootprints

Always double check the account number you put on deposit slips.

Fortunately, the error was to the employer's benefit.

Speaking from the employers side...

Be the first to offer praise and the last to take credit...

Mr. Lucky

GorillaTheater

Whenever you have a situation that will likely turn to crap, involve as many co-workers in the process as possible.

• Like 1