Is it human to think someone is flirting in the workplace when you find them

Attractive? Lol

This woman at my job always speaks to me with a smile followed by a "hey 4kad". Maybe she is just a nice person but I never ever had a woman speak to me on any job with so much enthusiasm. How do you separate being friendly versus someone being attracted?

Like my friend told me if it was a woman speaking to me like that who I wasn't attracted to I wouldn't even notice. Lol

As a friendly flirty woman all I see is a nice person at your work.

Even if she has crossed the line into flirting it's what I call harmless, G rated flirting. She simply wants you to play back -- enthusiastically say hi back to her -- she's not looking to escalate nor does she want anything physical.

Calm down. Smile & go about your day.

• Author
As a friendly flirty woman all I see is a nice person at your work.

Even if she has crossed the line into flirting it's what I call harmless, G rated flirting. She simply wants you to play back -- enthusiastically say hi back to her -- she's not looking to escalate nor does she want anything physical.

Calm down. Smile & go about your day.

You maybe right because when I spoke to her first in a upbeat way and was like hey Linda, she gave me back the same energy and was like hey.

I get the feeling she is happy to see me

People are obligated to be friendly to other employees at work. Some people at work will flatter and suck up to everyone so no matter who gets promoted, they'll be liked by them and be in a better position to climb the ladder. Some people are also just naturally gregarious and friendly to everyone, whether at work or not.

There's a study I heard on the news radio last year or so that said the more attractive a man found a woman, the more likely they were to think the woman liked them back -- which is extremely deluded and very "thinking with their penis."

What she's saying to you sounds like "buddy" type stuff, not flirty type stuff.

It's human to hope, but your friend is right about you wouldn't even notice if you weren't already attracted to her.