Poll: Name of new company

I have 2 names in mind, both are very personal...I would like your opinions based on the feeling it created within.

1: The Bell Jar

Named after the book, one of my favourites, has a personal meaning to me since I identify with it very much. I was actually in a depression when I read it and I decided to change my life around when I finished it.

2: Pineapple

Also very personal, I've been through a lot and one of my friends once told me I am like this quote: Be a pineapple, stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside. It touched me because it is true. I have met a lot of people in life that decided I was weird or different just because I did not choose the path everybody does (didnt finish univeristy, didnt start working fulltime until I was 28 etc.)

The personal meanings aside, which one of both names is more appealing to you? If you were my customer, which one would you pick?

Thanks very much in advance!

I have 2 names in mind, both are very personal...I would like your opinions based on the feeling it created within.

1: The Bell Jar

Named after the book, one of my favourites, has a personal meaning to me since I identify with it very much. I was actually in a depression when I read it and I decided to change my life around when I finished it.

2: Pineapple

Also very personal, I've been through a lot and one of my friends once told me I am like this quote: Be a pineapple, stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside. It touched me because it is true. I have met a lot of people in life that decided I was weird or different just because I did not choose the path everybody does (didnt finish univeristy, didnt start working fulltime until I was 28 etc.)

The personal meanings aside, which one of both names is more appealing to you? If you were my customer, which one would you pick?

Thanks very much in advance!

The Bell Jar

• Like 1

Depends on the business you are in. Pineapple is light and friendly and you could do a lot with it as far as marketing. The Bell Jar sounds upscale and refined, I wonder if there is a potential copyright issue (no idea, just a thought).

If your business is small and personable I could see Pineapple being appealing. Especially with the backstory on the name if your business does, say, homemade products or something like that, I could see it connecting with your customer base.

MuddyFootprints

Another vote for Bell Jar.

But, I've been spending too much time reading about the JonBenet case lately, so that was the first thing I thought about when I saw Pineapple.

thefooloftheyear

Agree with previous poster....Need more info...You wouldn't want to call a butcher shop "Pineapple"...

Or you can just call it....CASH.....This way when people ask you who to make the check out to....well....there you go.....:laugh:

TFY

• Like 1

I would also double check that The Bell Jar isn't already trademarked and pose an issue for you as a name. May not be an issue but I would check it out.