Got fired from a bar I'm bound to go to in the future

So I live in this town, and I used to work at this bar for a week or so. The bar is the most popular and biggest bar in the town I live in (the town's known for its decent nightlife). I got fired for drinking on shift. (Long story short, I did it because I saw other staff doing it, and I did it a couple times in front of this colleague who drinks a bit on shift as well who snitched on me: I was unaware and I'm college-aged young so that was my big learning experience).

I'm not going out on Halloween because I'm avoiding that bar because they host the main event. This will be a dilemma in the future. So basically, how long should I avoid that bar for? It's been a week since I got fired. I have a couple of their work items which I need to return, which they'll need. Should I do the walk of shame, go to that bar and face all my former colleagues (who were very friendly), or should I just throw them away?

Well, you could try to get another job first (at a bar maybe) then go back with your pride in tact and enjoy yourself. Don't ignore them or write them off.

If you get another job or gig somewhere that is better than what you had,

you can tell them that and if they are friends, they will be glad for you.

Obviously, do not use this old job as a reference or mention it.

If you do not get another job, I personally would wait a couple months and go back and act natural and cool. See how the vibe is.

Clearly the rules were no drinking on shift - it doesn't matter if someone else does - it was your job and it was up to you to adhere to the rules.

You chose not to.

Take responsibility for your own actions.

You seem more concerned about your own party life than returning your ex-employers gear.

Just return it.

Be aware that bar owners often discuss employees too so the sooner you return the stuff, take responsibility, apologise for your own behaviour and don't base it upon anyone else's, the sooner and more likely it is you can get another bar job if that is what you want.

I would suggest getting a job somewhere that does not serve alcohol so there's no chance of this happening again in the future.

I worked at a bar when I was in school..you're supposed to pour yourself fake drinks. Oldest trick in the book..I'm surprised nobody taught you that.