I've got an interview!

Ah I'm so excited I just had to post!

After a few lousy weeks working I decided to apply for a new job at the weekend. I'm a community pharmacist working for a large chain. And I'm basically feeling really used. I only qualified in August and work on relief. I was originally told by the area manager that I would only be working across 3 towns in a 10 mile radius which was fine. Instead I travel 30-40 miles each way to the stores I am sent to. There are last minute changes all the time and they make me work a lot of hours. I mean I had to put in a complaint to get my rota changed after a last minute change left me working 8 days straight- 63.5 hours plus 17 hours travel (my travel time is unpaid).

I felt so wound up by it all that I just applied for a hospital job in a town about an hour away. I mean I could move their eventually once my lease is up- annoyingly I have just had to extend it til June!

But ahh! I'm excited! This job is so different to what I do currently. But the working hours are nicer- and I'd be working with a lot more health professions which would be amazing. Pay cut- but I can deal with that. I can do a lot more training in hospital and easily increase my wages by 20k over time

And now I just have to chill out- get focussed etc and prepare. Feel like I need to refresh my clinical knowledge and trying to work out what kind of scenarios I could be asked about.

I also checked and I am scheduled to be at a training day for my current company- 4 hours away by train... So I just emailed the trainer and the rota planner and said that I have a hospital appointment that I am unable to miss and that it will need to be rearranged! I never lie like that- but I cannot miss this interview!

• Like 6
So I just emailed the trainer and the rota planner and said that I have a hospital appointment that I am unable to miss and that it will need to be rearranged! I never lie like that- but I cannot miss this interview!

It's not a lie, is it - you have an appointment (aka interview) at a hospital!

Good luck. :)

• Like 4
It's not a lie, is it - you have an appointment (aka interview) at a hospital!

Good luck. :)

indeed :p:)

• Like 3

I can understand how frustrating it is to be in a job you’re unhappy about. Wishing you the best for your upcoming interview. Take care!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Just if anyone is interested- I got the job!!!

The interview was yesterday and I had a call today to give me a conditional offer. They just have to do a security check on me and check my references and then I will get an unconditional offer and be able to hand in my notice!

I can't wait to hand it in. It will feel so satisfying- like if you treat people badly then they will leave!

But I have to do 13 weeks notice- so I expect I will have a bad 13 weeks!

It's a shame it has come to this really- the pharmacy I was working in today is one of my favourites- they were really happy for me- but at the same time a bit sad because they love it when I am on the rota to work there

• Like 8
Just if anyone is interested- I got the job!!!

The interview was yesterday and I had a call today to give me a conditional offer. They just have to do a security check on me and check my references and then I will get an unconditional offer and be able to hand in my notice!

I can't wait to hand it in. It will feel so satisfying- like if you treat people badly then they will leave!

But I have to do 13 weeks notice- so I expect I will have a bad 13 weeks!

It's a shame it has come to this really- the pharmacy I was working in today is one of my favourites- they were really happy for me- but at the same time a bit sad because they love it when I am on the rota to work there

Been there, done that! It's such a great feeling when you hand your notice in at a workplace they haven't been treating you fairly.

• Like 2

So pleased for you Penguin!!!! Woooo! Well done you!!! *big grin*

Plus I have always loved your user ID - Penguins, sloths and elephants are my favourite unachievable pets. :)

• Like 2
  • Author

Thankyou for the congratulations! I've sat down today and filled in a load of forms for the job and finally just got the courage to email my line manager to say that she will be approached for a reference shortly. So she's basically going to know that I am leaving before I hand my notice in!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

All my forms and occupational health visits finally got approved and I got the formal offer today

Just handed in my notice and it feels fantastic! Just have to work 12 weeks notice now! Let the countdown begin!!

• Like 1