Have strong feelings for my recruitment consultant...

So, I'm fairly new in my job, about a month and a bit in. When I was hired, I was selected by an external recruitment consultant who doesn't work for the company that I work for, but is contracted in to find talent for the company.

So, she is not a co worker, but she is in the office every few weeks, and is based out of an office somewhat near my work.

The thing is, and I wasn't sure about this when I was in the "selection" process for the new job (doing the professional thing and all...) but this girl really ticks all my boxes. She is beautiful beyond words, has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen, and we always exchange smiles when she is in the room. She has an air of daggyness about her that just makes me weak at the knees, and frankly, as much as I joke with my work mates about her being my "future wife", I'm really starting to wonder if I should pursue her or not.

About me - Ive got fairly low confidence. I don't think I'm the most attractive person out there, Ive got some serious dental work that needs doing, and have a few extra pounds. So, having confidence is a low point for me.

Im curious as to some people's thoughts on this one. Ive been physically attracted to many people since my last break up, but this is the first in my life to make me literally weak at the knees. How would the lovely peeps of this forum attack this situation?

• Like 1

Well it doesn't sound like you have anything to lose.

Keep in mind that the weak knees level of infatuation isn't sustainable and is often more blinding than helpful. Meaning keep your head on straight.

I get that you're dead set on asking her out. No professions of love. No flowers. No poetry. Ask her to coffee/lunch. Let her know that you respect her work ethic find her attractive and if she's interested would like to learn more about her. Then actually find out more about her hobbies likes history etc if she says yes.

Report back with that info if successful in first date.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Ask her out to something definite, if you do ask her out:

"Do you want to see gig/show/event with me on x evening, at so and so?"

Vague invitations often get vague responses.

Good luck.

• Like 1
BreakOnThrough

Keep in mind that the weak knees level of infatuation isn't sustainable and is often more blinding than helpful. Meaning keep your head on straight.

This!!! infatuations should be viewed intrinsically, as they are often associated with a breach in self-esteem and have very little to do with the "infatuatee". They almost always destroy ones sense of objectivity and kill any chance of a respectful relationship. As Ferris Bueller said it best, you can't respect someone who kisses your a$$, it just doesn't work.