LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

They won't accept my wish to resign.

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2017, 4:49 PM   #16
Established Member

Honestly nothing about this situation makes much sense to me. I'm actually really surprised that they were willing to let you stay there as a cleaner when you resigned from your other job there. Let alone begging you to stay.

But really I think it tells you everything that you need to know, that they were begging you to stay but unwilling to give you any more money. Don't mean to sound harsh, but it sounds like it wasn't your work that was valuable, but the fact that they were underpaying you greatly that was.

I'm hoping your new job is more fitting for you, because honestly just reading your posts on here, you do not sound like someone who should be making minimum wage. Really that is typically reserved for high school students, and even then you still get raises.
GunslingerRoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 3:00 AM   #17
Established Member

You need to leave and you need to stick to it. If you are not happy then you need to leave. You are not being fair to yourself,especially if you get offered a better opportunity.

Things won't change. You are past it and as much as it hurts and everyone you will miss, you need to go. We are not meant to stay in one place.
missingu is offline   Reply With Quote