LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

I feel guilty about lying

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 14th August 2016, 3:01 PM   #1
Established Member

I feel guilty about lying

I've been on vacation since July. I'm in America right now (I am an American as well)

I've been trying to find a job ever since, and finally got one at a store. The only thing is, my flight's in a month. The HR woman really liked me and even negotiated a better salary for, in the position I want. They just created this new position as they just got new types of merchandise in their store. They wanted me for the position. Now, my manager is on vacation for a week. That means that when my manager comes back, I'll only have worked for a week under her before I tell her 'oh, I have to stop working next week'.

But still I kind guilty. Should I just tell them now that my flight's in a month? Most importantly, will they care that I was only there for three and a half weeks working. The job is definitely worth it, I'll have saved at least a thousand dollars when I leave.

Last edited by ZHguy; 14th August 2016 at 3:05 PM..
ZHguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 3:14 PM   #2
Established Member

I'd give them a heads up about your leaving,so they can find your replacement. Maybe lie again about your departure reasons?(Family reasons,ect..) To not burn any bridges if you ever come back and want to work for them again.