Learned a hard truth

My coworker feels picked on and sees me as favored. I went through her accounts Friday in an attempt to help her out. Untouched new accounts from June. I'm shocked. She felt overwhelmed with me doing her work and sending her the part she needed to do.

I provided her instructions via email basically tips on things she was missing. Trying to give her an opportunity to correct them. She is so stressed out she started smoking. She is not cutting it. I befriended her but I see she won't make it. They likely kept her because I befriended her but even I don't like the person she is.

Time to pull away for real. She will drag me down.

Careful, the co-worker could get moved into a special position as Assistant to the Owner, and you may find yourself reporting to her. :eek:

• Author

Turns out management printed off sheets for us, showing accounts that needed to be worked on. I'm certain it had something to do with the avenue I took last week.

I had a great day today! I went through my files, I purged necessary ones, updated others, and received that call list showing that I'm caught up on my nearly 200 accounts. So caught up assistant manager commented I wouldn't have many calls to make, I stated I could use more accounts. :)

I helped her more than I realized, and I'm actually happy about it. I like her as a work friend. And she was kind enough to check in on me knowing I had surgery yesterday.

Careful, the co-worker could get moved into a special position as Assistant to the Owner, and you may find yourself reporting to her. :eek:

Highly unlikely.

OP don't be intimidated by what sounds like an incompetent flake.

Keep focusing on your OWN job and CYA.