LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Starting study again aged 45, a good idea?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th August 2016, 5:22 AM   #16
Established Member

I think you should definitely do it if you want to! We only have one life, and we usually end up regretting the things we didn't try for rather than the things we did. That's what I tell myself anyway.

Depending on your family's financial situation and the nature of your job, could you scale your work down to part time so you can study full time and be done with the degree in 3 years instead of 8? Might be worth considering if possible.
Old 9th August 2016, 5:37 AM   #17
Established Member

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement!!
I do think it's worth doing and I am motivated to succeed.
Speaking with a workmate today who is the same age as me and who has just finished, she's given me some ideas of how I can possibly speed things up too, and she's offered me support. I feel very lucky to have this opportunity.
mrs rubble is offline   Reply With Quote