Feeling weird after leaving do

Penguin_hugs

Hi there- I guess this is more of a pondering rather than anything else! Any thoughts on this situation?

Basically I'm the equivalent of a pharmacy intern and my last day in my training store is next week but I have a lot of offsite training in the next week, so I'm only in for a few days. It's been a fairly lousy place to be as my manager has been awful- see all my previous posts...

Well anyway she told me 2 weeks ago that I was having a leaving do at a buffet place (next week). I was surprised but pleased that they had considered me leaving. It wouldn't have been my first choice of restaurant but it was something.

Then I got informed yesterday that it was being moved to today- which wasn't convenient for me at all as I had to be somewhere 70 miles away in the day time, but I rushed around and made it back ok. But my manager was half an hour late to this meal and instructed us that we all had to sit there til she arrived. Which is really weird in a buffet place when all the staff keep staring because we spent 45 mins at a table not eating!

The other thing when I got there- everyone had brought partners- and I was the odd single one. I had a bad break up at Christmas- but I've been battling through to not let it affect my work and studying- but it felt like a kick in the teeth today when everyone was being really couply with their other halves and I was sat like a gooseberry in the middle of the table! I mean if I'd have known that they were bringing people then I might have invited a friend or maybe my mum to join the evening out.

Oh and no one mentioned once that this was my leaving do or wish me luck with my future. Or even a good luck card! Recently I worked somewhere else for 2 weeks and they made such a fuss when I left- I had hugs, best wishes from people and even a goody bag of miniatures from the shop! (Not to say that it's a neccessity to get a gift- but I did really appreciate it and was really thankful). Maybe I'll get a card on my last day- but a few people are off on holiday now- which is why the meal was moved.

I just feel a little disappointed. I mean I've been there a year. I get on well with everyone bar the manager (behind her back- I'm polite and get on with things infront of her and then go home seething about how badly she has mistreated me). We're a small group of colleagues and we can be quite close. Especially as we go above and beyond at work each day. I just thought it would have been nice for a card and someone to say good luck :/...

• Like 1