Mixed in office. Just friendly?

Hi all. I have female co-worker which I am closely related in everyday work. I dont remember how it all started, but I know she always smiles to my jokes (stupid or not, sometimes like this :lmao:). Part by part, I started to begin interested.

In last month, happen nothing conrete, but always "(in)visible signals".

In office: we sit side by side while working on some issue, she put her arm on my shoulder (shortly), or tap me on my back, or when we conclude this is not easy issue she put her head on my shoulder (shortly). Then I say something funny (or not), we smile together.

Lunch break: although we rarely go to lunch, she seems cold, and just business topics, or coworkers related topics.

After job: it happen twice, always in group, but once we stayed for several minuts one on one, we stayed and keeping eye contact several seconds (it seems to me it lasted 5 min :), in reality 5-10 sec). Also, it seems to me that she likes to be near to me while we are in group, to hug me when we have group photo etc.

I must admitt that I dont know how to handle women generally, read signals or similar, especially this job related thing. Maybe this is just friendly signs, but I dont feel so. However, these days she shows cold towords me, and I feel badly cause of it.

On rational side, I would like to forget all of it, but emotionaly it is not easy.

Personally, I didnt want to have any love/like related to my job. Then this happen.

Any advice for further for me? How to overcome this situation?

Thank you.

justanickname

I am curious, do you notice her behaviour towards other colleagues?

Sometimes I act similar to your co-worker: "she put her arm on my shoulder (shortly), or tap me on my back, or when we conclude this is not easy issue she put her head on my shoulder (shortly). Then I say something funny (or not), we smile together."

My boss - who is also female, also does the same to all of her workers, no matter male or female. So I guess you should observe more before jumping into any conclusion.

Good luck.