LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

How could he have no interest?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2016, 1:33 PM   #16
Established Member

He sounds like a shytty personal trainer......get a refund...

TFY
Old 17th July 2016, 1:46 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBee View Post
Except he's the one telling her his problems....a client definitely should NOT be the one paying their trainer or stylist to have the stylist not do their hair and just talk about their problems, or their trainer not train them just talk about his own problems.
I think just depends on the type of person you are whether you end up telling the stylist your problems or she tells you hers, or whether it may be a bit of both.
I guess the trainer here feels very comfortable with the OP, so has opened up to her.
He may feel it is all part of his job speaking to clients and giving them loads of extra time, but here he is using that time to just talk about himself, which is not usually how it works...
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 2:52 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
I think just depends on the type of person you are whether you end up telling the stylist your problems or she tells you hers, or whether it may be a bit of both.
I guess the trainer here feels very comfortable with the OP, so has opened up to her.
He may feel it is all part of his job speaking to clients and giving them loads of extra time, but here he is using that time to just talk about himself, which is not usually how it works...
No part of this is how it works .

At least with a stylist much of your time is just sitting down so it makes sense why thet have so much time to talk. When you're exercising you shouldn't have much time for deep personal convos and certainly it shouldn't be as the OP says where sometimes they don't even pick up a weight or actually train. He is definitely unprofessional and she's wasting her money. She likes him so didn't mine until she realized he was unreliable and may not be interested, but it should bother anyone if they're paying for a service and they don't receive it and it becomes listening to the service provider's problems.
MissBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 6:23 PM   #19
Established Member

I honestly had initially thought he was into me which is why he wanted to talk to me for so long about everything...like he felt a connection or something. But it became abundantly clear that wasn't the case when he never communicated with me outside of the training, forgot about our training times, and forget to follow up with me when he said he would call or text. It showed that I never even crossed his mind, even regarding the personal training stuff I was paying him to do. Kinda a hard blow for me, especially when we've talked about such deep personal things. Lame I know

Recently I've not been engaging in convo and he keeps asking me if something is wrong or keeps trying to engage me. And all I can think is how I don't want to talk to anyone that I mean absolutely nothing to.

Plus he's a crappy trainer
Sabella likes this.
Chahy377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2016, 2:01 AM   #20
Established Member

I fired him today. I texted him all the things he said he would do but never did. He said that he was going through a really hard time right now and that's why....he came off as so glib.

I know that no matter what is going on in my life, I don't let anything mess with my money so I don't get where he's coming from. He's also told me several times he's struggling financially so....

Also told him that obviously we aren't cool. He's said to me a couple of times that he thought of me as more than a client. I believed him at first but his actions proved otherwise. When I said that, he said he wanted to call me the next day so we could talk about it. I told him no, it wasn't necessary. I knew because. 1.he probably wasn't going to call me and 2. He probably was just going to sweet talk me with a bunch of bs

He never responded to me after that. I felt really bad. I guess I cant even pay someone to not ignore and forget about me. Crazy.
Old 30th July 2016, 3:00 PM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chahy377 View Post
I fired him today. I texted him all the things he said he would do but never did. He said that he was going through a really hard time right now and that's why....he came off as so glib.

I know that no matter what is going on in my life, I don't let anything mess with my money so I don't get where he's coming from. He's also told me several times he's struggling financially so....

Also told him that obviously we aren't cool. He's said to me a couple of times that he thought of me as more than a client. I believed him at first but his actions proved otherwise. When I said that, he said he wanted to call me the next day so we could talk about it. I told him no, it wasn't necessary. I knew because. 1.he probably wasn't going to call me and 2. He probably was just going to sweet talk me with a bunch of bs

He never responded to me after that. I felt really bad. I guess I cant even pay someone to not ignore and forget about me. Crazy.
Good for you!

People will experience tough times at work. You still have to do your job. Fake a smile. Take time off from work.

Yep, don't let things mess with your ability/job to get that money! I like that.

I try to provide good customer service at my job. When I take my earned money to another business and they provide poor customer service, I'll let it slide, but if it continues, game on.

Good for you, paying attention to the action(s)! Yep, they are the truest indicators, not words.
Chahy377 likes this.
Chris2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2016, 4:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chahy377 View Post
It makes me feel bad that I am completely irrelevant in his "real life". Am I wrong for feeling this way?
we all get rejected honey - no biggie - be an adult about it and move on -- no need to throw a temper tantrum

Last edited by azlightsout; 30th July 2016 at 4:24 PM..
azlightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 10:08 AM   #23
Established Member

So I fired him as my trainer a couple of months back. In a nice way and he said he was appreciative of my feedback and understood. Over the last couple of months he's asked me to do things with him but has not followed through Its been so strange.

He keeps asking me to work out with him as friends and because he misses the conversation. We set something up, he backs out the last minute for a multitude of reasons. He suggests another time. Repeat. He said he wanted to get a drink for his birthday, never hit me up. He said he wanted me to help him with his schoolwork, like literally chased me down in the gym to ask me this but then never contacted me about it.

I don't understand why he acts like this as he is the one initiating, and then backing out. It's insane. I'm thinking about cutting him off all together as this does not feel awesome
Old 9th October 2016, 1:27 PM   #24
Established Member

He just sounds exactly like someone who is juggling a lot of people. If it's not that, he's too disorganized and inconsiderate to keep friends.
Old 9th October 2016, 1:35 PM   #25
Established Member

Why are you bothering with him?

The first time he backed out you should have just kept your distance. Stop giving him the time of day. He is not interested in you and your acceptance of his invitations after his flakiness make you appear desperate. Cut contact.
preraph likes this.
hippychick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 1:37 PM   #26
Established Member

The guy probably has deep conversations with everyone. He more than likely has a gf or several gfs. He's definitely not interested in dating you so I would stop talking to him and get my moneys worth out of the work out.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 1:50 PM   #27
Established Member

Hey :)

If he's chatting, and you're allowing it, it's easy money for him, hardly any work involved at all.

he was just swinging the lead, a shirker.