losing shifts to a less senior person and want them back how to get them back?

I am a senior employee at my job and want some shifts they are letting a new person have. They dont realize how improtant the money is to me, and dont treat senior employees with much regard.

How do I convince them I should get these shifts over this new person?

Quite honestly I have been there for 12 years she has been there for 2 and shes taking shifts I want. I don't think it's right.

Any advice on how to approach management and how to convince them I should be entitled to these shifts before her.

I am a harder worker and a great loyal employee to the company as well. I treat them way better than they treat me...

HokeyReligions

List out why you are better suited to that shift and talk to your manager about it. Also, look at your company policies -- is there anything about seniority? Don't be confrontational about it, but tell your manager that you have some concerns and would like an explanation of why you were not given first choice for the shifts you want.

Sounds like a good idea, and it would work I think except there are 7 other people she is taking shifts from too. It's like this we are a rotation of 7 people (were) and there are 7 bars to work so fact was we did not have to take time off. I bartend every weekend, well did before they put her into the rotation and now I have to have a whole weekend off so she can work too. So do the other 7 bartenders but all the other people have been there half the time I have.

I do understand that we are all long term employees but I do feel I work harder than most of them and am a more loyal employee than most of them.

I also feel like the owners think we are just replaceable and don't much matter. So it is really frusterating to moi....

I will still try to put together a list tho. Guess it wouldnt hurt to try to get the shifts back. :S