Talking with boss?

justanickname

On March, after 2,5 month probation, I got in. My boss told me during the talk that she highly appreciated my attitude, etc. and she thought I could be very helpful for the company, etc.

During the probation time, she gave me some challenging works, and made me feel she told me the truth, and that I was valuable for the company.

However, for more than one month, I have felt like she pushed me away from all the important works. For example, I used to participate in meetings with potential partners, involved in different important events of the company as one of the coordinators, but now I am no longer invited. She even told me few times that "no need".

Thus, at the moment there are not many things for me to do, because whenever I got somethings to do that made me feel interesting, she said she would take care of it. Meanwhile, once she told me that I should split my time for a soon-to-start project, but indeed, she is taking care of it mostly...

I get bored easily, to be honest. At the moment, I have no motivation to continue to work in the place, and I have to deal with the urge of leaving the place.

For more information, during our talk after my probation, I asked why she accepted me into the team that fast (half day) after the interview, she told me because she believed that I would stick to the work for at least a year or so. Thus, I have been working here for around 6 months only. And besides the feel that she pushes me out of important works, I have nothing to complain. But really the motivation for work is gone.

Do you have any suggestion of how should I process to talk about this with my boss, so we could be able to keep our okay-relationship?

Thank you and I hope to hear from you guys very soon...

Either she thinks you're incompetent, or the opposite, she feels threatened by you, or she just doesn't like you. Also sounds like she may be a micro-manager, which is one of the most annoying personalities to work under because it undermines and suppresses the talent & skills of others and brings down workplace morale. Does she treat other staff the same way, and do you get along well with other employees? If she hasn't been openly critical of your work and there's been no complaints from anyone else I would assume that either she feels threatened by you or maybe someone else does and has asked not to work on projects with you. You sound ambitious, and if you're open about this it can make other employees distrust you and be reluctant to share tasks or information with you. On the whole, if you're bored in a job it's best to find a new one because you spend a lot of time working and if you're unhappy there it can eventually have a detrimental effect on your emotional well-being.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author
justanickname

Just to update if you are curious, I had a talk with my boss. Straightforward but with respect and a little bit "friendly" (not really, but I don't know how to express), I told her if she thought I did something unsatisfied and how I should have improved if she thought so. Of course she asked for the reason why I asked such questions, because my performance was well to her so far. With the start, things were good.

But still, since the motivation is gone, we agree that I would leave the job by the end of the year with more missions for now.