I feel excluded at work :-(

I am in this position that's a term position, ending in less than a year. When they hired the person who is going to have the job after me, i wasn't involved in the hiring process - I was told that the person being replaced is never involved because they won't be working with the new person anyways. But now someone else on our team is leaving, "Donna" and I noticed that Donna is involved in looking for her replacement and so is my other coworker but they haven't even been including me. So the theory doesnt hold.

I just feel very excluded and depressed. I want to know if it's a deliberate thing. I also almost say snarky comments that will reveal my feelings about this. I feel like I can't say anything without sounding like a child. But recently there was some whispering going on, which I didn't care for

I just don't know what to say or do, or if I even have a right to say anything. Maybe my boss said something to them to like exclude me from involvement in the hiring process. The whole thing makes me want to take a "sick day"

UpwardForward

I can understand the isolation and oppression. It can be depressing to have to face day after day.

Since your job is ending in less than a year, probably you would feel best with focusing on the next job - or what you wish to do when this job ends. Planning your future may help to take your mind off this situation - and to minimize it.

You can't change people. Perhaps their reasoning will be revealed at another time.

• Like 1
I want to know if it's a deliberate thing.

Probably not.

I also almost say snarky comments that will reveal my feelings about this.

What would that change?

I feel like I can't say anything without sounding like a child.

This is absolutely true.

But recently there was some whispering going on, which I didn't care for

Sorry, but that is life.

I just don't know what to say or do, or if I even have a right to say anything. Maybe my boss said something to them to like exclude me from involvement in the hiring process.

The bottom line, the reasons for excluding you don't matter. It has happened and the best thing you can do is NOTHING. Be the best employee you can to work towards getting a good reference for your next job.

Making waves, saying snarky things, or taking "sick days" will only devalue you in their eyes.

• Like 4

Are the other coworkers are full-time, permanent? Most of the places I've worked at the contractors (I assume this is similar to your 'term' position) don't get to interview team members. Only the full-time, permanent people are asked.

• Author
Probably not.

What would that change?

This is absolutely true.

Sorry, but that is life.

The bottom line, the reasons for excluding you don't matter. It has happened and the best thing you can do is NOTHING. Be the best employee you can to work towards getting a good reference for your next job.

Making waves, saying snarky things, or taking "sick days" will only devalue you in their eyes.

yes you are right

• Like 1

If you're feeling depressed or likely to say 'snarky' things. I think it's fine to take a sick day, you can't operate properly when you're depressed and it would be better to stay away and save your reputation and look after your mental health than go and do something you regret.