Still really missing former job even after six months

Lovely Difficulties

Several months ago I posted a thread where I indicated I was missing a former job and had some hesitations about switching jobs altogether.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/platonic/business-professional-relationships/535290-regret-leaving-my-previous-job-better-paying-one

I have now been in my current job for over eight months, and I keep thinking about my previous job still and how I miss it. Since week one, I haven't felt that into my current job and have been missing my last one. Even before I left my last job, I felt some hesitations. I was well integrated at my last one and felt quite close to my co-workers, and there was also a lot of opportunity to grow there. I wish I wouldn't have complicated things by switching jobs and just stayed at my prior one. They did say that I could return one day, but I know that I would likely burn a bridge where I'm at if I go back this soon.

I think part of it is that I moved to my current city that I am in to work at my last job, and so it was a big part of my life here. Looking back, the reason why I switched had a lot to do with the compensation, as my current job offered me a much higher salary. My current job isn't horrible by any means, but I just don't feel happy, and I keep thinking about my last one still and how I wish I would've just stayed. I think that is likely why I felt so much hesitation is because it wasn't a move I was ready for. I'm on my own a lot more now where I'm at, and while I get along with the people I work with just fine and the work is fine, it's not the same. My last job was much more in line with what I went to school for, and while my current position pays more, I feel like I am not using my education and training as much. If I leave there now, it will likely burn a bridge, and I don't want to appear indecisive.

Advice?

Edited by sassiechik21