Cruel co worker

I had recently started working with a woman at work. She likes to be the center of attention and so do I . What happened was, she set some unrealistic deadlines for my team and then went on vacation. There was one meeting where I raised this matter as I was not getting enough support from her team to be successful in my job. My supervisors picked on it and gave her hard time. It seems they had some animosity with her from the past which I was not aware of. Everything was just fine until she went on vacation. She didn't seem to mind that meeting as well. Before all of this drama, she was a great supporter of me. She wrote great reviews for me to my boss and all.

After she came back, she started avoiding me and coming to my meetings. She doesn't say hi in cafes, doesn't attend my work meetings. I saw her a couple of times at the water cooler and she smiled and said hi. Next day I was having coffee, she came by and said hi (I think this was on purpose) and we had a nice conversation. I inadvertently asked her out as a group with other co workers. etc. She handled it nice and everything went fine.

Then again she doesn't come to meetings and continues to ignore me. I did the same in return because I was upset. She in fact undermined me once and attended the meeting with a co worker of mine.

But thats excruciating pain for me. I like her and I didn't want to lose her. Seems like she has decided otherwise. What should I do? Apologize or something else? I am a little awkward around her anyways.

Edited by Akashsingh
  • 2 weeks later...