Dealing with the EX at work!

HoneyHoneySugar

I work with my ex. We have been broken up for about a year, during which time he was overseas and I enforced no contact, so I assumed when he came back I could just be cool with him. WRONG. Although we are professional and friendly with each other, I find myself getting unbelievably worked up and upset at every perceived rejection from him. Little things like not inviting me to lunch, flirting with the secretary, even leaving work without saying goodbye gets me into a state of terrible self-doubt.

I know this is irrational and it's not his fault, but it makes me feel like lashing out at him. I can't leave my job, and these episodes are not that often that it causes a major problem. I just don't know why I am over-reacting like this. I need a trigger in my head to stop the craziness and calm me down. Any suggestions??

Leave work as work .... you have to seperate this or it will drive you crazy. I was there once he was someone who actually worked for me though .. So I would always put him on my projects , even though we no longer dated I just wanted to keep my eye on him.. He sense that I was making it difficult for him to have a relationship with others at work, and he quit . I never saw him again ..