Should you beg for a job?

My contract is coming to an end this year and the company has yet to offer any positions to me. I really like the job and my direct manager could see it from my eyes, thus referring me to the HR. But the higher level manager was recruiting new graduates for a global position. I've made my voice heard to the HR but they have yet to reply. Should I stop begging for a place and just leave without fanfare?

There is a difference between "making my voice heard" and "begging."

Have you presented yourself in a professional manner to those making the decision about why you are a viable candidate?

What do you bring to the table that these others do not?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
There is a difference between "making my voice heard" and "begging."

Have you presented yourself in a professional manner to those making the decision about why you are a viable candidate?

What do you bring to the table that these others do not?

This. If you have already done the above, you have done your part. Begging only shows them you might not be very marketable, which is not a good thing.

Begging says "I am desperate to keep my job please hire me, not because you need me but because I need you".

HR doesn't work that way. They aren't interested in your needs, only what you can do for them.

It's the same thing as begging a dumper to try to reconcile. You've outlived your usefulness to them, they no longer care what you want.

My contract is coming to an end this year and the company has yet to offer any positions to me. I really like the job and my direct manager could see it from my eyes, thus referring me to the HR. But the higher level manager was recruiting new graduates for a global position. I've made my voice heard to the HR but they have yet to reply. Should I stop begging for a place and just leave without fanfare?

Again, this is about people, like Edgy's office thread.

Start playing politics.

Get your direct manager to go to bat for you, telling their boss why you are better suited than a new grad. (make sure you know why you are!!! develop persuasive arguments)

Do not be shy.

Take charge.

Get to that higher manager yourself too. Make that person like you.

HR has nothing to do with it. Identify the decision maker and those who influence him/her and win as many of them over as possible in all ways...professionally and socially.

If they like you, they'll keep you and fill new grads in around you. Suggest you can train/manage new grads if appropriate.

See to it they like you!

PS: you have nothing to lose by trying

Edited by loveweary11
  • Like 1