Employee came on to me

My father has owned this company since before I was born and there's always big holiday parties. We had the thanksgiving bash last week and there was lots of alcohol. I am sober, and so I didn't have any, but this woman named Debbie, who has worked there since I was little did. I went out on one of the office balconies to smoke and I don't know if she just came out or if she followed me out there, but she started talking about how I look just like my dad. Then she started telling me how attractive she thinks I am and if I wasn't her boss... Well I guess you can just fill that in.

I know she was drunk, and I know she's a good person and employee, so I don't want to report it. But it made me really uncomfortable and I don't know what to do. I mean, I like her, she's my friend and I don't want to look too much into it, but I don't know what to do... I feel like a whimp for being as uncomfortable about it as I am.

Do nothing. I'm sure when she sobered up she realized what a fool she made of herself in front of you and hopefully she'll apologize.

Time and space will help, so avoid her for a little while at work.

Try not to be offended, she came onto you, thought you were hot. Be flattered and just chalk it up as her being too drunk at the company party.

How's your little girl doing?

• Like 1

Do nothing this time and blow it off to her being drunk at an office party. It likely meant less than it sounded like. She might have even been trying to bolster your ego. No way to know. She might feel like you're not proud enough of yourself or something and been trying to help. But if she does it again, you need to just tell her in a jovial way, Hey, down girl, remember come Monday we have to work together.

• Author

I'm not going to say anything. I'll have to see her in a few hours when I go in anyway. She is a nice lady, so I don't want mess up anything for her.

My baby is great, she's very sweet and quiet and shy. She loves me and helps me see that things that I used to hate don't bother me anymore. She loves to put her head on my pillow and I always hated when her mom did that, but with her I don't mind. :love: we can share. I see her almost every day and on the days I don't see her we Skype and talk on the phone. Sometimes we do all three things in a day, she just always wants me. It's pretty neat.

• Like 2
  • Author

I saw her today while I was doing something for my dad. She wouldn't make eye contact with me, and addressed by my last name which Isn't something she's ever done before. A lot of the older employees call me by my first name because I've known them my entire life. I get it though, she probably doesn't want to lose her job, which is something I wouldn't let happen and my dad wouldn't do anyway. I feel bad because I'm sort of the enemy around there to a few people because in their eyes I didn't work for it. She's one of the only people who's taken me seriously over the last year. I hope I don't lose her friendship.

I saw her today while I was doing something for my dad. She wouldn't make eye contact with me, and addressed by my last name which Isn't something she's ever done before. A lot of the older employees call me by my first name because I've known them my entire life. I get it though, she probably doesn't want to lose her job, which is something I wouldn't let happen and my dad wouldn't do anyway. I feel bad because I'm sort of the enemy around there to a few people because in their eyes I didn't work for it. She's one of the only people who's taken me seriously over the last year. I hope I don't lose her friendship.

Make the effort *not* to lose her friendship.

business friends. Leave it at the door come clock out time.

free pass for being drunk? Lets hope this associate apologizes in the near future. It will set things straight and show regard.

• Author

Yes, she's just my work friend. I guess it's just weird having someone basically tell me they want to have sex with me who is under the influence while I'm not, or while I'm trying to be sober. I think that shocked me the most.