Wish me luck

HokeyReligions

I'm off to yet another job interview! I sent my resume yesterday and they called me early this morning. Not too far from home, decent salary, and benefits! Lots of responsibility (too much for what they are paying,) but the company is only 12 years old and if I get in I can grow with them so there is opportunity for advancement here.

• Author
HokeyReligions

Thank you -- It's working. :)

I have a second interview - to be scheduled next week. It sounds like a place I would enjoy and they HAVE NEVER LAID ANYONE OFF!!! Even in the economic slump following 9/11!! I really REALLY like this one -- keep your fingers crossed for me, I'm up against some tough competition!

I hope you get it, Hoke! Maybe the reason you didn't get any of the other jobs is that this wonderful one is waiting for you!!

Maybe the reason you didn't get any of the other jobs is that this wonderful one is waiting for you!!

that would be pretty awesome, wouldn't it?

best of luck to ya, hoke - you've more than earned something good happen for you these past several months.

Good luck Hokey! I hope it works for you.

Hey you need to buy me a drink when you get it. :bunny: I will be around next summer, looking for a job too. I promise you a lunch instead if I get one. ;)

• Author
HokeyReligions

I'm keeping my fingers, toes, legs, arms, and eyes are crossed! My second interview is tomorrow. NOW I'm getting a bit nervous -- probably all the other stress in my life. Of course, if I go in to the interview with everything crossed I won't have to worry about a job -- they'll haul me off to the looney bin -- where I think I would fit in just fine, sitting in a corner with yogurt on my chin and giggling maniacally while never looking anyone in the eye! ;)

OH, and our new adventure at home: We have mice or bats -- there is evidence of both. Could be that we had mice first and that's what attracted the bats. We will spend our evenings listening for the traps in the attic now. Then we have the pleasure of retrieving said-pests and finding a field somewhere far far away to release them. Or, we could use Dcon and just toss the little bodies, but I don't want to do that. Bats are a bigger problem but I think the bats were a long time ago and we have mice now. (I'll keep telling myself that. I don't like bats and they are harder to get rid of)

I'll trade you my squirrels for your mice. Bigger critters make more noise. You should see the cats staring up at the ceiling when they hear them running around.

Let the cat loose in the attic you say? Tried that a few years ago - goofball got scared way in the corner where there was not enough room for me to even crawl - spent 45 minutes coaxing him out of the corner - meowing his fool head off the entire time.