"Don't Look Up My Skirt While We're Walking Up Here!"

Is precisely what my boss said to me as we're walking upstairs. She was saying this in a jokingly way, but honestly throughout the whole day she was being...how do i call it...weird. She would go on and on about how she looked. I admit she did look good, she had the knee high boot with knee high sock look going.

"There better not be anyone with a camera near this ladder if i climb it."

I chalk these quotes up to her playful demeanor, but for some reason, it has me intrigued as well as her body language towards me..

Examples:

We are in a meeting, both of us are in sitting in the back. She angles her chair 90 degrees directly to me. Crosses her legs, shoe pointing at me, rocking her foot and back and forth. I am a sucker for this, so i was instantly distracted. She probably noticed I caught a glimpse.

In same meeting, when she wants to get my attention, she flicks my thigh. Most would tap my shoulder.

When sitting directly at a desk in front of me. She sits, legs spread fairly wide open (Wearing jeans, but still intriguing)

Laughs are corny jokes. (Did you hear about the skeleton who didnt go to the party? He had no-BODY to go with... that prompted a howl and a snort of laugh)

Eyes have a bit of sparkle when she talks to me.

Sticks up for me and it's well established im her favorite over other employees.

I proud myself on having a great working relationship with her over the course of the 5 years. Is she hinting that she is interested in me? Not gonna lie, I feel like this is 8th grade, but i also feel that im getting attracted to her. I am blaming that on the fact that we have worked a ridiculous amounts of hours over the course of the summer w/o spending much time with others besides coworkers.

Oh, one minor detail. She's married..

Edited by TopCop15

silly question but are you recounting Sharon Stones Character role in Basic Instincts? Is that who your bosss is? Gosh, get her autograph for me please?

• Like 2

She's married and she's your boss.

And chances are, she's not interested... just weird.

Don't pursue this. You'll look silly at best.

Yes she likes you, yes she's flirting with you....should you do anything about it?

Not unless you want half to 3/4 of the rest of the office to think that you're home wrecking scum, or you fancy an upper cut from the husband.

Next time she makes comment about what's up her skirt, tell her firmly but politely that your not interested in engaging in inappropriate workplace banter as it only leads to trouble. Put a stop to it.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

When she says stuff, or acts a certain way, say something completely out of left field and something she probably couldnt care less about......

"Hey, how about those (use whatever team you want)"...or, something like "Boy, the Nasdaq market has really been up and down lately, which direction do you thing its headed in the next quarter"?

That ill bring her back down to earth..Dont give her the satisfaction..She is a dope...

TFY

• Like 1
Is precisely what my boss said to me as we're walking upstairs. She was saying this in a jokingly way, but honestly throughout the whole day she was being...how do i call it...weird. She would go on and on about how she looked. I admit she did look good, she had the knee high boot with knee high sock look going.

"There better not be anyone with a camera near this ladder if i climb it."

I chalk these quotes up to her playful demeanor, but for some reason, it has me intrigued as well as her body language towards me..

Examples:

We are in a meeting, both of us are in sitting in the back. She angles her chair 90 degrees directly to me. Crosses her legs, shoe pointing at me, rocking her foot and back and forth. I am a sucker for this, so i was instantly distracted. She probably noticed I caught a glimpse.

In same meeting, when she wants to get my attention, she flicks my thigh. Most would tap my shoulder.

When sitting directly at a desk in front of me. She sits, legs spread fairly wide open (Wearing jeans, but still intriguing)

Laughs are corny jokes. (Did you hear about the skeleton who didnt go to the party? He had no-BODY to go with... that prompted a howl and a snort of laugh)

Eyes have a bit of sparkle when she talks to me.

Sticks up for me and it's well established im her favorite over other employees.

I proud myself on having a great working relationship with her over the course of the 5 years. Is she hinting that she is interested in me? Not gonna lie, I feel like this is 8th grade, but i also feel that im getting attracted to her. I am blaming that on the fact that we have worked a ridiculous amounts of hours over the course of the summer w/o spending much time with others besides coworkers.

Oh, one minor detail. She's married..

Not sure..You looking for approval to bang a married chick?

• Like 2

Well, she is kind of playing with fire joking at work because it's a fine line to teasing. She surely knows by now it doesn't take much provocation to put a man's mind in the gutter. If she made a comment again about not looking up her skirty or similar, I'd have said, "Never would have occurred to me until you suggested it."

I get your interest, but seriously, she's married, she's your boss. Your hands are tied and must remain so. Too dangerous. Sounds like she's in a real position of power, so I'm going to tell you what I'd tell a woman in the same circumstance, and that is, this isn't a person who's afraid to go get what she wants and speak right up about it in a direct way. What I think you have on your hands is the earned trust of someone who enjoys a little playful joking and, yes, maybe flirting, but probably has no intention of it going any further, and pours it on you because you've been there for awhile and she's come to trust you won't take it the wrong way.

She sounds happy, so there's no reason to think her marriage is crumbling or I'd suggest you find a casual way to ask about that. But a woman whose marriage is failing isn't this happy and cajoling. We've all got a girl down there deep inside. She showed you hers, but you've got to understand the boundary. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Author
What I think you have on your hands is the earned trust of someone who enjoys a little playful joking and, yes, maybe flirting, but probably has no intention of it going any further, and pours it on you because you've been there for awhile and she's come to trust you won't take it the wrong way.

This was what I was thinking too... however today, another weird situation. She was wearing a fairly provactive outfit for mid November. Kept on arching her back saying "Ohhh, i need a massage, what do you think?"

She was wearing an outfit that included tights with boots which is normal, but she wasn't wearing anything to cover up her back side. I am notfashion expert, but after hearing a few whispers from other females, they were questioning why she didn't wear a longer top to cover it up. Normally, I wouldn't say much, but she did two things that were again odd. First, she sits to the right of me but her back is to me as she has a corner desk. So when she would get up, she would purposely bend over so she her entire rump was in my periphery. I'd like to think she was unaware of her surroundings, but she kind of just stayed in that position for awhile and every fiber in my being tried not to look...

She broke the ice later in the day asking if this particular outfit made her butt look big?

Uhhh...still don't what to make of this peculiar woman.

Edited by TopCop15

She's horny? Inappropriate? Unprofessional? Wants you to bang her doggy style on the conference room desk?

You decide.

Edited by Ms. Faust
  • Like 3

You need to masturbate before you go to work. You sound like you haven't seen female genitalia before. Seriously are you that distracted by an outfit.... sadness. I thought that was only happening on teenage boys..

While you're beating around the bush wasting time checking out your boss...I think I'm already on my third gf since you started your story

• Like 1

It is sexual harassment and whether or not you have an issue with it a third party, that has to hear it could easily complain. She is walking a clear path to termination. Lovely.

• Like 3

Just enjoy it for what it is, a nice tease! Take a break and head to a restroom stall to get it out while imagining her up that staircase. Then come back out and look her in the eye as you get your mind back on your JOB!

This was what I was thinking too... however today, another weird situation. She was wearing a fairly provactive outfit for mid November. Kept on arching her back saying "Ohhh, i need a massage, what do you think?"

She was wearing an outfit that included tights with boots which is normal, but she wasn't wearing anything to cover up her back side. I am notfashion expert, but after hearing a few whispers from other females, they were questioning why she didn't wear a longer top to cover it up. Normally, I wouldn't say much, but she did two things that were again odd. First, she sits to the right of me but her back is to me as she has a corner desk. So when she would get up, she would purposely bend over so she her entire rump was in my periphery. I'd like to think she was unaware of her surroundings, but she kind of just stayed in that position for awhile and every fiber in my being tried not to look...

She broke the ice later in the day asking if this particular outfit made her butt look big?

Well, she is definitely pushing it. She shouldn't be wearing tights where you can see her butt. She's certainly not trying very hard to look authoritative, is she?

Now, me, I'd have said loudly, "(Her name), Why you showing me your butt?? Ask your HUSBAND if it looks big. Not my job." I like to pop things out into the open, especially when someone is being sly.

So maybe it is time to work "your husband" into the conversation to see how she responds. You might learn something.

• Like 1

I am really surprised by the different advice being given that the genders are reversed in this situation. This is no different if this was a male boss and a female subordinate. No, the subordinate should not go masterbate in the bathroom, enjoy the show, or any such thing.

OP, complain to HR. What she is doing is wrong, unprofessional, and absolutely ridiculous. This is not how a supervisor should act with a subordinate. This is not how ANYONE should act at their worksite or on company time. She is doing this with you and could be with others. She is putting the company at risk and it needs to stop.

:sick:

• Like 1
I am really surprised by the different advice being given that the genders are reversed in this situation. This is no different if this was a male boss and a female subordinate. No, the subordinate should not go masterbate in the bathroom, enjoy the show, or any such thing.

OP, complain to HR. What she is doing is wrong, unprofessional, and absolutely ridiculous. This is not how a supervisor should act with a subordinate. This is not how ANYONE should act at their worksite or on company time. She is doing this with you and could be with others. She is putting the company at risk and it needs to stop.

Yeah but the problem is he likes this.:laugh:

• Like 1

While what you say is technically correct, the role reversal does come into play here. Most women (and I say most, not all) will feel threatened if a male boss, colleague, business partner etc does this kind of thing whereas most men won't. In addition, as stillafool just noted, I'm sure he enjoys it a little.

There are not too many men who are going to complain to management that a woman is dressing sexy and turning him on, supervisor or not.

A bakery owner hires a young, attractive female clerk who likes to wear very short skirts and thong panties. One day a young man enters the store, glances at the clerk and spots the loaves of bread behind the counter. Noticing the length of her skirt and the location of the raisin bread, he has a brilliant idea...

"I'd like some raisin bread, please," the man says politely. The clerk nods and climbs up a ladder to reach the raisin bread located on the very top shelf. Another young man standing nearby is provided an excellent view too. Once she descends the ladder, he muses that he really should get two loaves because he is having company for dinner. As the shapely clerk retrieves the second loaf of bread, one of the other male customers notices what was going on. Thinking quickly, he requests his own loaf of raisin bread so he can continue to enjoy the view.

With each trip up the ladder, the young lady seems to catch the eye of another male customer. After many trips, she is tired and irritated. Finally, once again atop the ladder, she stops and fumes, glaring at the men standing below. She notices an elderly man standing amongst the crowd, staring up at her. Thinking to save herself a trip, she yells at the elderly man, "Is it raisin for you, too?" "No," says the old man, "but it's quiverin'."

• Like 2

Guys... His comment about 'minor detail' was obviously sarcasm. He is aware its a huge detail. Sounds like the op needed to rant about his situation. That woman has issues. 1) its his employee 2) shes married.

Apparently both the op and the boss are bored at work and flirt in a lewd manner and have a lot of fun with it. Also its been 5 years that he works for her. Has this only started recently?

This is a mess. And possibly sexual harassment. Sharon Stone has indeed decided for a better sequel than Basic Instinct 2. Good Luck with that.

Edited by Shanex