What's his motive?

I started working at my current workplace a year and a half ago. There was this guy here who was always friendly towards me. I'm 22, he's 38. I'm white, he's black. I've been married 2 years, and he's in his second marriage, and has 2 kids.

He quit working here about a year ago. He went to a rival business.

Where I'm working at now hired a witch as my manager. I couldn't stand her. Soon after whe was hired, I called this guy at the rival company, and asked him if there were any positions available. He said he'd keep his ears open.

Now, six months later, he calls, and says that there's a position as HIS ASSISTANT available, and I'd be making five dollars more an hour, plus bonuses. I talked it over with my husband, and decided I was interested. That was the end of December.

I gave him my resume. He wants me to call him EVERY DAY. Every time I get off the phone with him *(usually after he calls)* He says, "Call me tomorrow!" I don't WANT to call him every day. :mad: Also, he tricks me into lunching with him. He'll call and say, "I need to talk to you, call me later." I'll ask what it's about, and he'll say, "I talked to the General Manager, and I want to talk to you about it." So I'm thinking, "YEAH! NEWS! FINALLY!" then when I call, he'll be like, "Well, I'm heading out of here...meet me after you get off work." Or, he'll say, "Meet me for lunch tomorrow."

So I'll meet him. He'll be able to tell me what the General Manager said to him in one sentance. The last time, it was, "Ok, start taking applications for the position."

In ALL THE TIME he wasted of mine making plans to MEET to DISCUSS this SENTANCE, he could've just TOLD ME WHAT WAS SAID!

So he wants me to call him every day, to see if he's heard anything, and if I don't call him, he'll call me the day after...with no new information.

He has a 'plan'. He's going to wait until the GM comes to him, and asks him if he's found someone, and THEN he's going to mention me. I say, "Well, why don't you just tell him about me! Tell him that you already have someone for the position!" His excuse is, "Well, I don't want them to know that we're already friends."

How STUPID!

Also, he uses the excuse, "I want them to acknowledge that there's a position that needs to be filled, and tell me to hire someone, and THEN I'll hire you."

Ummmmm :rolleyes: What did he say when he gave you the applications to fill out? He's going to drag around, and they're going to post the position in the news paper, and then someone more qualified might apply and get hired.

JUST TELL THEM ABOUT ME ALL READY! So, last week, after he dropped the HUGE information that they're now taking applications for the position, and I went to LUNCH with him so he could tell me this sentance, he tells me that he'll know something by Friday. Friday comes, then he says he'll talk to the GM when he gets back on Monday. Monday comes, and he says that he STILL hasn't talked to the GM, but he SHOULD know something today, and we'll meet for lunch to discuss it.

I DONT' WANT TO HAVE LUNCH WITH YOU! I DON'T WANT TO CALL YOU!

If he doesn't have any information about the position, why on EARTH should we even be speaking?

At first, I thought, "Oh, there's a position, and he's offering it to me." Then it was, "Ok...he wants to keep meeting and talking to me to make sure he wants to be working closely with me."

He'll say stuff like, "You should call me more, so we can talk," and I'm like, "Uh...we can talk when I start WORKING with you."

Now that it's THREE WEEKS LATER, and he wants to talk to me EVERY DAY, even though unless we're talking about the available job, we have NOTHING to talk about, I'm starting to think that's he's full of sh*t.

savethedrama4allama
Originally posted by gwennebe

You should just start ignoring him. He's obviously on a power trip. Tell him to stick a #2 in his ear.

Do you mean a turd or a lead pencil? LOL.

Yeah Monday, this guy is not fit for workin' for. If its this hard getting the job from him, guaranteed that you'll encounter just as much drama trying to get raises, vacation time, benefits, etc. Besides, it sounds like he wants your body rather than your skills as an employee. :sick:

Yeah, really. How could he offer you an extra $5/hr when he hadn't even gotten an approval on filling the position? He's definately full of it and I wouldn't trust him.

Maybe it's happening like this for a reason. :o You don't want this guy to start some sh*t between your marriage, right? Sounds like he's a little on the WHACKED side, anyway.

Is he buying lunch? Tell him you can't continue to go to lunch (and pay for it?) everytime there's a pretend update!

I think he's scamming you...keep your eyes open WIDE.

And quit calling him! He sounds like a dang nut job.