What would be an average paying job?

Hey All,

I landed my first ever job, I make a little over $20 bucks an hour. Would that be a mediocre amount for a guy that didn't finish school? How much do some of you guys make, and what would you consider as a stable amount?

Thanks.

The amount of money a person makes depends on their work. It also depends on the region of the country they work in. Wages can vary from one company to another, even if a person is working the same job.

Asking someone how much they make is a highly personal question . . . There are websites that can give you industry averages for all sorts of types of employment.

Originally posted by Charmer88

Hey All,

I landed my first ever job, I make a little over $20 bucks an hour. Would that be a mediocre amount for a guy that didn't finish school? How much do some of you guys make, and what would you consider as a stable amount?

Thanks.

anything over minimum wage is great for someone who didn't finish school.

what area do you live in? and what do you do?

usually the more populated areas have a higher cost of living, making meadian income a little higher.

It depends on where you live, and you're lifestyle. Where I live Construction Workers are highly paid with no formal education other parts of the country they are not. I am assuming you have a construction job?

Originally posted by Charmer88

Hey All,

Thanks.

i read somewhere a while ago that avg male's salary is around $40K - $42K and avg female salary is like $25K - 28K.

these are just averages over entire nation.

• 9 months later...

I'm from NY.

So the salaries are higher, but so is the motgage,rent, and taxes!!!

An average salary in NYC is about $45,000, but a cheap apartment with rats crawling in it is about $1300 a month...so go figure!

It depends on where you live, the job, the company, etc.

Overall, I'd say an average salary (where I live) considering let's say a single person to live comforatably...about $35K-37K.

30K is not too terrible, although there will probably be some struggling.

But if two people make $30K, the household income is $60K, which is decent for a young couple to live okay an save a little money to rent a house maybe.

I never made much money! So I always struggled with a salary approaching the 30K range, and yet I live at home rent-free before marriage soon to come next spring! I hope I make more before we marry!:)

Well it all depends like everyone else says..and it depends on if you went to college..blah..blah..blah! I didn't go to college..I'm 19 years old and I make 26,000.00 a year...I have been told that is beyond average especially for someone my age!