Do I intervene again?

I am passing over a task to a colleague.

I have run through it with her and also clearly stated not to focus on the 'detail's I have because they are very out of date and also there is actually much less to look at week by week than is within the details I have.

I have done a run in file of the month and suggested that she only focus on the 70 or so items in it which could potentially be a query. The remaining 125 items are accounted for and standard - she has notes on all of them. I have some knowledge that she doesn't so I have added notes to loads of this particular file.

She chose to start via my other file which the detail is great but the info is random. Thousands of lines of detail with only some up to date info and even then the up to date info is 6 months out of date at best.

I found out today that she has 6 months of actuals that needs collating and that she needs to hit the ground running with current info rather than attempt to rectify the past. She has taken this on and the boss is expecting it of her.

She has spent a day working on the 'past' and failed to see a message that means her file couldn't be saved in the format it was in on Excel. So all she has done so far has been lost.

She is now away on hols but will have only a few days to get to the info out that the boss needs and this info cannot be delayed.

Do I talk to her again? I have explained twice already that she needs to just do the 'now' rather than the historical or do I tell the boss that I will cover this time around?

She has been very confident in saying she can sort this but also has been IMing me saying how difficult it is.

This task was given to her as I have no time to fit it in any longer as my deadlines have all changed the past couple of years which I have worked around, worked silly hours and come to a place where I can almost always do what I need to in time for cut off dates - payroll dates basically.

Suggest again?

Speak to the boss?

Cover?

What would you do?