what would you do?

down hearted

I am nearing my final exams and the program is getting so intense that at this point you either make it or you dont. We all study very hard but come to find out sometimes it is not enough despite the 12 hour straight studying and lack of sleep. I was given by another classmate in class questions to practice that they might show up on the exam, i know that these questions can hopefully help a lot of the other students we are a very small class of 9, however, on the previous attempt to help everyone 2 students spoke loudly of how we found some questions online (which there is nothing wrong with that because it is an open source for practicing and studying even the teacher was already aware of and said i can't even say thats a bad source and to do questions) but another student bluntly blurred out in front of the teacher how 15 questions from there happened to show up in the exam! And another student told the teacher (this student failed the exam) and said to her i know what i have to do i just have to do those questions from that source only.

My thing is you have to study hard, you have to study your bum off, you have to know you stuff questions alone is not gong to help you if you don't know the material, they are just an extra source to study from. After this scenario the professors spoke with the semester ahead of us and told them how they aware now and will change everything around or what not.

I have some questions to practice and they may possibly also some of them show up on the exam not all assuming just a few, it was given to me by another student and told me to be very careful because of what previously just happened, would you hand them out to the other students? I want to look out for everyone, and at this point in the semester we are all dying and trying to survive and i know it can help a lot of people. But at this point i dont trust a lot of the students in class and i don't want to get in trouble. So far like 4 students including myself know about it in class which i know won't say a word.

any thoughts? I figured if they wanted they have the same information i do and they can hand it out but i feel very conflicted that i have information that can help others and if they do badly i feel it will be my fault, regardless we have to study really hard but this is an extra source to study.

What would you do? The other students that know about it aren't talking because they say they tried once to help and looked what happened, and that they are not going down for someone else when trying to help. Also, if some get it and others don't then it will be an issue and drama.

I don't know what to do, what would you do recommend?

loveweary11

Hell no.

It's eveyr man/woman for themselves.

Like everyone else, I would keep it to yourself.

• Like 4

You have no obligation to help everyone. The more you help others in your class the less of a competitive advantage you have. You found the Qs You prepared the answers. The info is available to others who care to take the time to look but you don't have to hand it to them on a silver platter. You are getting individual grades not a group project. You can't affirmatively hinder your class mates but you don't have to do their work for them.

I'm not entirely clear: are the questions not supposed to be online? What kind of exam is it? If there's no rule against having the questions, then just use them to your advantage. You're under no obligation to share what you know with others.

Take it from an old fart who has been there and done similar, no way!!!

I know you want to help your fellow classmates and kudos to you for that, but putting yourself at risk in any way at an institution of learning is a BAD idea. If someone rats on you (and they will), the institution will never trust you again, it will go on your record and other institutions won't trust you either. Doing a "nice deed" is just not worth the risk! Add to that the risk is not worth it anyway because they have probably changed the exam.

I'd treat the info as suspect anyway. If I were you, unless you feel you need it, I'd discard it. Don't even pollute your mind with information that may be wrong or old, especially if it won't help you on the test, and if it does help you, would you want to pass the test that way? Wouldn't you rather pass it was because you knew the info from studying?

Just say no!

Ken

• Like 1
  • Author
down hearted
Take it from an old fart who has been there and done similar, no way!!!

I know you want to help your fellow classmates and kudos to you for that, but putting yourself at risk in any way at an institution of learning is a BAD idea. If someone rats on you (and they will), the institution will never trust you again, it will go on your record and other institutions won't trust you either. Doing a "nice deed" is just not worth the risk! Add to that the risk is not worth it anyway because they have probably changed the exam.

I'd treat the info as suspect anyway. If I were you, unless you feel you need it, I'd discard it. Don't even pollute your mind with information that may be wrong or old, especially if it won't help you on the test, and if it does help you, would you want to pass the test that way? Wouldn't you rather pass it was because you knew the info from studying?

Just say no!

Ken

The thing is that after studying I like to test myself to see where I stand so I can go back and review the material that I got wrong or dont understand to clarify on these tests that's how I like to study it helps me with studying and understanding more the material I find it very helpful however sometimes it happens that these questions pop up on the actual exam not all but some and as you can see some people do it the wrong way and study just questions when your supposed to study the material then review questions and go back and review again but I'm worried these people will have no filter again and get us in trouble because some really say things without thinking it through unconsciously.

So idk what to do I know some could really use the help and I feel bad if I have this information that can help others and then if they don't do good i feel guilty that I didn't help them.