After a row back in May with a work colleague we patched things up. Then last week she threw some of the previous words from the argument back at me. Since then she told me not to leave her alone.

That was 10 days ago. She leaves next week, coincidentally so do I. For the past week I've pretty much avoided her. I've deleted her from my Skype and she has cancelled lunch arrangements we'd made.

It's all pretty sad really a few months ago we were the best of mates. She seems happy to be silent with me. Not sure what to do, am currently thinking of just letting her leave without saying goodbye...

Why would you do anything other then let her leave without saying good bye? There doesn't seem to be anything worth salvaging.

• Like 1
  • Author

I suppose I just feel a bit bad on my part. We were mates for a long time. We had one argument one afternoon and it screwed up 18 mths of friendship. I did think she'd accept the apology, but if anything she just chucked the words back at me whenever she could.

A colleague spoke to her and tried to broker a lunch for us, which she didn't want to do. For me, leaving like that, it's sad after how close we were...I just can't get my head around that I suppose..

You don't need to say goodbye. It's over. She clearly wants nothing to do with you, and if you say something she will certainly not be receptive. This is a good example of why it's best not to get too close with co-workers. Let this be a learning experience. Let.it.go.