Intimate hello kiss from coworker

lexnmike4enomore

So i have been at my job for a little over 2 years. Me and my one coworker are pretty close. We laugh and joke and flirt. But lately our "Good mornings" have turned into a kiss. And i mean right on the lips kiss. Is this cheating. Is it OK to do that with a co worker? I mean i doesn't bother me that much. But is it OK?

Depends on relationship status. Are you in a relationship? Is he? Is there a company policy regarding in office romance?

In my opinion friendly kisses shouldn't end on the lips.

Unless, of course, both persons are fine with it *and are both single*.

How would you feel if your boyfriend/husband gave friendly kisses to female co-workers he flirts with? :mad::mad::mad:

Of course, if his wife is okay with him kissing his female co-workers on the lips, it's a different story.

Unless you do it with every other co-worker, friends and relatives then it's not right.

Ask yourself this quesition.

If you met his wife, would you tell her your morning ritual with her husband?

And ask yourself this question too.

If your single and he was single, would you date him?

If the answer is yes, maybe, depends, I have to think about it, then your in trouble. Your feelings for him will evolve.

Originally posted by lexnmike4enomore

So i have been at my job for a little over 2 years. Me and my one coworker are pretty close. We laugh and joke and flirt. But lately our "Good mornings" have turned into a kiss. And i mean right on the lips kiss. Is this cheating. Is it OK to do that with a co worker? I mean i doesn't bother me that much. But is it OK?

Good grief, you admit in this thread that he's married...so based on the facts, you really have to ask if receiving a kiss on the lips (in addition to the flirting) each morning from a married coworker is "OK"? Seriously, you have to ASK? Seems like a no-brainer to me. Why don't you call up his wife and ask. How would you feel if you had a boyfriend/husband and he was intimately kissing a female coworker each morning? Oh brother, common sense isn't very common.

Its not that its a wrap his arms around me dip me to the floor kiss. Its a peck on the lips.

I'm surprised you have to ask this, but no, it's not normal or appropriate for a coworker (a married one at that ) to kiss (whether on the lips, the cheek, hand, whatever) another coworker. It's enough to get someone charged w/ sexual harassment in the workplace.

You mentioned "I'm only 20" so I take that to mean he's a fair bit older than you. How old is he?

Does he kiss everyone else on the lips each morning?

Kissing someone on the lips is an intimate thing..whether you're embracing them, dipping them or sticking your tongue down their throat. Even close family members generally don't kiss on the lips.

Why are you letting this sicko kiss you on the lips? Do you enjoy it or something? Do you think it's right for a married man to be doing this?

Oh no, friendly kisses should not end it pecks. Do you kiss all your friends like this?

The only people I peck in a non sexual way is my family other than them there has to be a different motive for kissing or pecking. SPECIALLY since he is married!!!

Ask yourself this: if his wife found out, would she care? If so, then you know you have crossed the line. ARE U SERIOUS???? You really don't know if this is OK? Or are you coming here to get backup to tell you it's ok?

You say it doesn't bother you THAT much? Does that mean it bothers you a little bit?

I think (not to judge) that kissing any co-worker (of the sex that you're attracted to) on the lips is opening yourself up to the potential for many other things (more sexual attraction, being considered not very respectfully, rumors starting, ect).

If you are attracted to this guy (which it sounds like you might be) and you're prepared for an affair I would say "keep it out of the work place" but if you're really only being "friendly" then I say don't allow him to do this to you anymore because it isn't appropriate...

You never did answer how you would feel if your BF/husband did this to one of his female coworkers on a daily basis? I bet this man's wife would be very upset knowing he did this to you.

It cannot be so innocent if you had to ask if it's bad. There has to be a RED light somewhere tha told you it was bad or else you would have not even thought about asking if it's bad.

Originally posted by Barby

If you are attracted to this guy (which it sounds like you might be) and you're prepared for an affair I would say "keep it out of the work place"

I'd go one step further by saying you are never prepared for an affair, and can never be prepared for an affair. The aftermath of an affair is devastating on all those involved. I wouldn't even entertain this thought for a split second. Believe me, I know all too well.

Are you seriously expecting a reply to your question? Sometimes I do wonder why people have to ask the obvious :confused: If you want him, admit it to yourself, but stop asking for confirmation that there´s nothing.