So I'm working at a Italian Restaurant for the time being and I really like these owners - It’s a family business. Now they had an opening today for a NEW place at a mall and they were so not prepared. As a waitress, I drove my self-nuts b/c nothing was available for the guests, I didn't know where anything was, and orders didn't get made.

Now I'm saying, I don't know what to do. I see so many mistakes and I really like these people. I wish I could do it all but I can't. Do you think its best I keep my mouth shut or let them know my opinions.

How do I say it in a good way were it doesn’t sound like I'm complaining lol. Its really an issue for me b/c I'm the one that's going to have to be apologizing over and over to ppl...Its just not good business. They have excellent food but the cooks aren't ready. They are more like line cooks and don't know the menu.

I'm working this weekend Sat/Sun and let me tell you I'm looking forward to that - NOT.

i would let the manager/ owner know you want to speak with them, in private. then say that you have noticed some things that maybe JUST be because it's a new place, but reguardless you have some suggestions and have some other experience with different management styles.

The key is to not sound condescending, and to let them know you really care about the family and respect them, and that you only want to see them succeed.

You could also talk to the manager/owner about having a staff meeting for ideas from EVERYONE about how things could run smoother. If you have ideas- imagine what the hostesses, kitchen, etc... prob wants to say. Having an open meeting lets EVERYONE be heard. Plus ideas you have may make things harder for other peeps (kitchen, bartenders, etc...) and this would allow you to compromise until things are easier for everyone. (TRUST ME- just b/c it worked in one restaurant doesn't mean it'll work at every restaurant) The owners can review the ideas and decide what they want to impliment based on everyone's input. Often restaurants do meetings like this weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc... depending on the size of the establishment. It allows the restaurant and staff to constantly evolve to better help each other. Plus restaurants have a notoriously high turn over rate- new employees may have new ideas.