R Promotions Death of Friendships at Work?

Has it happened to you?

Haters Backstabbing Jealousy Throwing under buss by same people whom as close as yesterday U called friends?

How did U handle it especially if both of U or more were great workers

But just one was chosen and it was U?

Has it happened to you?

No.

:eek: . Can't believe am only one to experience this?

Probably not but the people it has happened to haven't read your thread to comment.

In my experience, work isn't a place to have friends and socialize. Just go in and do your job and keep your private life separate from your work life.

Side note: I had to re-read your post a few times to get it. I hope you have better grammar at work.

Keep in mind that a lot of times the only reason the person was being friendly at work to begin with was in hopes of it somehow furthering their own career. Not everyone is like that, but more than you'd think are, especially if it's a good job with chances to move up. They may be just demonstrating their ability to be liked and worked with in a team or whatever.

• Like 1

early in career , it was common. The older I get the less inclined I am to climb the status social career ladder. I have little desire for that unkind spirit.

I am a believer that social and professional friendliness can be sustained, otherwise just be a robot if you wish to be anti social. Was this your promotion? and your friend/co worker seemed un receptive to this good news? Either way, being civil as adults will get a person further.

• Like 1
  • Author
early in career , it was common. The older I get the less inclined I am to climb the status social career ladder. I have little desire for that unkind spirit.

I am a believer that social and professional friendliness can be sustained, otherwise just be a robot if you wish to be anti social. Was this your promotion? and your friend/co worker seemed un receptive to this good news? Either way, being civil as adults will get a person further.

Unhappy is expresing it mildly

But to say more it's just not good idea know what I mean