In this economy I consider this good and bad news

It's a rumor going around that due to the financial situation of the organization, or won't be any raises for 7 years. Now of course no one wants to hear that but it would allow me to find something better in the meantime. And since it's so hard to find employment, I appreciate the organization giving me the opportunity to find something better. Lol

So I think I will start looking to branch out in 2016

pink_sugar

7 years is quite a long time to wait for a raise. I agree that your best bet is to start looking now. You don't know when/if they will start letting people go. It's easier to find another job while you're employed.

• Author
7 years is quite a long time to wait for a raise. I agree that your best bet is to start looking now. You don't know when/if they will start letting people go. It's easier to find another job while you're employed.

They just posted a new position yesterday. Lol

scooby-philly

Seven years is a long time to declare "no raises". Standard practice would be to go one, maybe two years at a time. But definitely not seven. Is this a private company or a publicly traded one? In the end it doesn't matter too much as a company run well - even if it's hit a snag, can't predict 7 years out.

Do you have a formal review process? If so, they probably wouldn't go and do that. If there is no formal review process every year then it's probably a bit more likely, but again unless you heard it from the horse's mouth....

pink_sugar
They just posted a new position yesterday. Lol

I was hired at the company that laid me off only a week or two before they filed for bankruptcy. Laid me off the day they exited bankruptcy.

• Author
I was hired at the company that laid me off only a week or two before they filed for bankruptcy. Laid me off the day they exited bankruptcy.

you every to chew them out

• Author
Seven years is a long time to declare "no raises". Standard practice would be to go one, maybe two years at a time. But definitely not seven. Is this a private company or a publicly traded one? In the end it doesn't matter too much as a company run well - even if it's hit a snag, can't predict 7 years out.

Do you have a formal review process? If so, they probably wouldn't go and do that. If there is no formal review process every year then it's probably a bit more likely, but again unless you heard it from the horse's mouth....

It's a childcare agency connected to the state