Cute, quiet guy at work~

So, I recently just started working as a server at a sushi restaurant (I'm a 20 year old college student) and one of the sushi chefs is so cute!! But first of all, he's really shy and quiet, I think in part because he's Chinese and I'm not sure how great is English is...

He doesn't really talk to many people, sometimes he chat with some of the other sushi chefs in Chinese, but otherwise he's pretty quiet. When he does speak, or whatnot, he's very nice though.

I generally don't know how to flirty anyway, so I'm really unsure of how to go about talking to him. How to I approach him? Just when we'e having meals? Would it be weird to talk to him during cleaning or when he passes or after/before work? What do I talk to him about? How do I find out if something between us would be possible, or if interest could grow?

I've really only talked to him a few times. His name's Ray. He's 22. Not a student. That's it.

Also, handling this situation is delicate, because it's such a small restaurant with few workers, so most interactions between us would be seen, and if there were any problems, It could make my work environment very awkward.

Any suggestions? Help~

d0nnivain

It's a a waitress gig, not your ultimate career. The don't date at work rules do not apply because you can get another waitress gig in a day.

Just keep talking to him. Smile. Touch him. If the gang is going out after shift, invite him along.

Are you sure he's Chinese? You're not doing that thing some people do when they use the word "Chinese" for anyone with Asian facial features, right?

Like the previous poster said, just keep talking to him. Maybe you can try to take your breaks at the same time he takes his. Try to find reasons to talk to him, like if you need to ask the kitchen something make sure you talk to him if that's not too awkward. If you ever catch him one-on-one, ask him casual questions about himself.