LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Coworker acts like the town crier at work!

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2015, 1:02 PM   #1
Established Member

Coworker acts like the town crier at work!

I've written my fair share about Chatty Cathy on here, but not for a while. Well she has gotten under my skin again. Another of my coworkers is going to Hawaii with her family this week. She and I have talked about it in the mornings before Chatty gets here so Chatty had no idea that she was taking this trip. At our group meeting this week the girl who is taking the trip reminded our manager that this Tuesday would be her last day for a week. Chatty immediately pipes up (apparently this was enough to get her to look up from playing on her iPhone!) and goes "Where are you going?" The girl tells her Hawaii and Chatty seemed very miffed that she didn't know about this. She asks her a few questions like where she'll be staying and how long she'll be gone and what she plans on doing. I kid you not, 10 minutes later you hear her telling another coworker in the kitchen that so and so is taking this trip and she's going here and will be gone this long. She is acting like she was the first to know about it and now she is telling everyone she sees that this is happening like they are just best buds. Even when another person comes up and asks the girl about her trip, Chatty will answer for her acting like she just knows ALL the details when all she was told is when she's leaving and how long she's staying.

Just like after I left work one day and I came into work the next morning and I had a voicemail on my phone. I didn't recognize the name or number and when I listened to it they had obviously called the wrong person. Well Chatty comes in and nearly the first thing out of her mouth is "Your desk phone rang after you left last night. You never get many calls so I looked on your phone to see who it was and I didn't recognize the name as it wasn't from work. It was Mark somebody". She went on for 5 minutes about it! Why are you in my desk area looking at MY phone?? So you can be the first to tell everyone that such and such called me??
Mapper71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 5:29 PM   #2
Established Member

I recommend calling Guido. For a small sum, Guido will take care of Chatty Cathy for you. Guido is in the travel business, specializing in short trips and water excursions.
firemanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 5:58 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapper71 View Post

Just like after I left work one day and I came into work the next morning and I had a voicemail on my phone. I didn't recognize the name or number and when I listened to it they had obviously called the wrong person. Well Chatty comes in and nearly the first thing out of her mouth is "Your desk phone rang after you left last night. You never get many calls so I looked on your phone to see who it was and I didn't recognize the name as it wasn't from work. It was Mark somebody". She went on for 5 minutes about it! Why are you in my desk area looking at MY phone?? So you can be the first to tell everyone that such and such called me??
Haha you are an amateur. I NEVER leave my phone on my desk. The guys I used to work with used to log into email accounts, instagram, etc pretending to be the person whose phone they got hold of. They caused all sorts of trouble.

You got off lightly. Never leave a phone on your desk and NEVER leave your computer unlocked.
Anela likes this.
Emilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 1:38 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilia View Post
Haha you are an amateur. I NEVER leave my phone on my desk. The guys I used to work with used to log into email accounts, instagram, etc pretending to be the person whose phone they got hold of. They caused all sorts of trouble.

You got off lightly. Never leave a phone on your desk and NEVER leave your computer unlocked.
It wasn't my cell phone that she looked at, it was my desk phone. I wasn't about to unplug my desk phone from the wall and take it home with me Someone was calling my work number. Even if the person isn't at their desk you don't go seeing who is calling them and/or pick up and answer it. It's none of your business! And then to come in and not even put her stuff down or sit in her chair before she says "Oh yeah someone called your phone last night, etc. like it was the biggest news and she had to let me know and everyone else know that she knew someone called me. My god, she even remembered the name that showed up on the phone!
Old 28th April 2015, 1:41 PM   #5
Established Member

Remind me why this bothers you, again?

Don't you have more important things to do at work, like... work?
Diezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 1:47 PM   #6
Established Member

This gal breathes and you are mad at her.

It may be useful for you to find out why you place so much value on allowing her to irritate you.
beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 3:03 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
Remind me why this bothers you, again?

Don't you have more important things to do at work, like... work?
So having her nose in your business of who is calling you and when wouldn't bother you? And oh yeah, I'm always done with my work....just waiting on her to finish her part so I can continue with my part! So while I'm sitting around waiting on her to get me work I have to listen to her when she's on her cell phone with her husband at her desk for 15 minutes having a conversation about what they will have for dinner that night and her telling him what she's "working" on (and she makes it sound like the hardest thing in the world!), or having to wait for her to go to the post office to drop off a package in the middle of the day and it takes her 30 minutes to get back when the post office is only 2 blocks away, or twiddling my thumbs while she has to leave in the middle of the day for 2 hours to go get her mother's silver appraised (which is what she's doing right now) then yeah, it bothers me!
Old 28th April 2015, 3:08 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
So having her nose in your business of who is calling you and when wouldn't bother you? And oh yeah, I'm always done with my work....just waiting on her to finish her part so I can continue with my part! So while I'm sitting around waiting on her to get me work I have to listen to her when she's on her cell phone with her husband at her desk for 15 minutes having a conversation about what they will have for dinner that night and her telling him what she's "working" on (and she makes it sound like the hardest thing in the world!), or having to wait for her to go to the post office to drop off a package in the middle of the day and it takes her 30 minutes to get back when the post office is only 2 blocks away, or twiddling my thumbs while she has to leave in the middle of the day for 2 hours to go get her mother's silver appraised (which is what she's doing right now) then yeah, it bothers me!

Somewhere in your office, there is someone saying, "Wow, Mapper is just sitting there doing nothing."

Also, I've had plenty of people look at my work phone and tell me "X person called you." I don't see what the big deal is.
Emilia likes this.
Old 28th April 2015, 3:13 PM   #9
Established Member

if all the workers think tne same as you, ok

but since the boss does not mind her, you must not argue, imo, they are having an affair, based on what you have said, for she does not ever bother turning in a full day's work, she just chats nearly all the time, almost inexplicable
darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 4:22 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Somewhere in your office, there is someone saying, "Wow, Mapper is just sitting there doing nothing."

Also, I've had plenty of people look at my work phone and tell me "X person called you." I don't see what the big deal is.
No I actually manage to look quite busy. AND I keep my mouth shut and don't let everyone know what I'm doing every second on my computer like SOME people!
Old 28th April 2015, 4:23 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmoon View Post
if all the workers think tne same as you, ok

but since the boss does not mind her, you must not argue, imo, they are having an affair, based on what you have said, for she does not ever bother turning in a full day's work, she just chats nearly all the time, almost inexplicable
So she is married to her husband and having a lesbian affair with our manager who is also married to a man? Interesting!
Old 28th April 2015, 4:25 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:

Why is who calls you at work anyone else's business? And why is it so important that she would have to be mention it before she has even been in the building 30 seconds??
Old 28th April 2015, 5:16 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
I've written my fair share about Chatty Cathy on here, but not for a while. Well she has gotten under my skin again. Another of my coworkers is going to Hawaii with her family this week. She and I have talked about it in the mornings before Chatty gets here so Chatty had no idea that she was taking this trip. At our group meeting this week the girl who is taking the trip reminded our manager that this Tuesday would be her last day for a week. Chatty immediately pipes up (apparently this was enough to get her to look up from playing on her iPhone!) and goes "Where are you going?" The girl tells her Hawaii and Chatty seemed very miffed that she didn't know about this. She asks her a few questions like where she'll be staying and how long she'll be gone and what she plans on doing. I kid you not, 10 minutes later you hear her telling another coworker in the kitchen that so and so is taking this trip and she's going here and will be gone this long. She is acting like she was the first to know about it and now she is telling everyone she sees that this is happening like they are just best buds. Even when another person comes up and asks the girl about her trip, Chatty will answer for her acting like she just knows ALL the details when all she was told is when she's leaving and how long she's staying.

Ugh...cannot stand these types! it's none of her business and she had no reason to spy on your phone; if you were close friends or something, a bit different. But you're just cordial, if that!
nomadic_butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 5:17 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
No I actually manage to look quite busy. AND I keep my mouth shut and don't let everyone know what I'm doing every second on my computer like SOME people!
Hey, YOU said you sometimes sit around twiddling your thumbs. Not sure if that qualifies as "looking busy".

Quote:
Why is who calls you at work anyone else's business? And why is it so important that she would have to be mention it before she has even been in the building 30 seconds??
Because if someone is calling me, it means they need help with something and if there is someone else around here that can, if I am not here, then they will. I just think no matter where you go, you will always find a "Chatty Cathy", regardless.
SoleMate likes this.
Old 28th April 2015, 5:20 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
So she is married to her husband and having a lesbian affair with our manager who is also married to a man? Interesting!
LOL that is some juicy info!
nomadic_butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote