Tell her to back off

Hey guys, As I wrote in my older post I got a crush on my supervisor, I think I love her to be honest... I tried to make a move but she rejected me.

Unfortunatly I cannot control my feelings and her atittude towards me make it worse.

Since she is "easy going" person we usually end up talking about stuff that isnt related to the work, I cannot avoid her because we work in the same office so I end up thinking about her the whole day while she sits next to me.

recently she started sending me random texts when we are off work, I'm not quit sure what she tries to achieve.

How can I make her to back off and just keep our relationship professional only ? in a nice way

You clearly stated that 1- you can't control your feelings and 2- you already made a move on her which she rejected.

So it's clear that you have no self control even though you know you're making a big mistake.

Luckily for you she rejected your advances.. this time.

You can only hope she has more self control than you do.

I think she's just being magnanimus trying to show you she isn't mad at you for approaching her at work. I think you need to reach inside yourself and stop being childish about this and control yourself. You can't tell her "don't text me after you rejected me." You are going to have to conduct yourself like an adult and get past this.

• Like 3
purplesoccer34

So you made a move on your supervisor, and she rejected you. Now she simply texts you, and you want her to back off all of a sudden?

Here's something to consider. When a girl sends a guy a few texts, that does not always mean she's interested or that she's trying to make a move.

• Author
So you made a move on your supervisor, and she rejected you. Now she simply texts you, and you want her to back off all of a sudden?

Here's something to consider. When a girl sends a guy a few texts, that does not always mean she's interested or that she's trying to make a move.

I know its childish and sellfish but I'm trying to help myself, I feel miserable.

Usually when you try to move and get rejected, the girl knows your intention and change her behavior towards you, she would take a distance.

I'm confused.

I like her so much that it "hurts" lol.

I know its childish and sellfish but I'm trying to help myself, I feel miserable.

Usually when you try to move and get rejected, the girl knows your intention and change her behavior towards you, she would take a distance.

I'm confused.

I like her so much that it "hurts" lol.

Bah! Tell yourself she isn't worth having anyway....anyone worth your time wouldn't reject you!

Start noticing all the other gorgeous ladies out there (out loud if need be.)

It is possible to talk yourself out of a crush, I've done it before. By noticing and vocalizing my approval of other guys.....some of them noticed me back and took my mind off the crush...who eventually missed my attention, by which time I'd gotten to see the ugly side of him anyway and moved on. :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Bah! Tell yourself she isn't worth having anyway....anyone worth your time wouldn't reject you!

Start noticing all the other gorgeous ladies out there (out loud if need be.)

It is possible to talk yourself out of a crush, I've done it before. By noticing and vocalizing my approval of other guys.....some of them noticed me back and took my mind off the crush...who eventually missed my attention, by which time I'd gotten to see the ugly side of him anyway and moved on. :)

there are plenty of other women but its hard to find the same chemistry.

I guess time will work it out

nomadic_butterfly
Hey guys, As I wrote in my older post I got a crush on my supervisor, I think I love her to be honest... I tried to make a move but she rejected me.

Unfortunatly I cannot control my feelings and her atittude towards me make it worse.

Since she is "easy going" person we usually end up talking about stuff that isnt related to the work, I cannot avoid her because we work in the same office so I end up thinking about her the whole day while she sits next to me.

recently she started sending me random texts when we are off work, I'm not quit sure what she tries to achieve.

How can I make her to back off and just keep our relationship professional only ? in a nice way

I am super confused as to why SHE would need to back off when SHE isn't acting out of character or inappropriately. It too late now, but it doesn't make sense to develop feelings for someone who didn't lead you to believe at any point you would be romantic...in the workplace at was a very bad idea.

I suggest you ask to change seats if possible...just ignore her texts and I am sure she will get the message, she is not emotionally vested. Sounds to me that you want to have some kind of confrontation. She is a better woman than I am b/c if a coworker (especially a subordinate) told me he liked me, I would not contact him AT ALL unless it was specific to work and within work hours. I would want to keep that line SHARP and CLEAR, but that is just me.

Find another crush, preferably outside of work. Problem solved. It's not her fault you fell for her; it's not like she lead you on or anything. You got carried away with your emotions and that happens sometimes. Say it out loud as many times as it takes for your mind to grasp it so that eventually your emotions will catch up with it. I do that all the time to help rationalize my feelings and get over things; but everyone processes situations differently. I am super logical in general.

I am super confused as to why SHE would need to back off when SHE isn't acting out of character or inappropriately.

She's his supervisor at work.

That's not only inappropriate it might be cause for a sexual harassment lawsuit.

Unfortunatly *I cannot control my feelings

*Yes you can, people do it all the time.

So do it.

nomadic_butterfly
She's his supervisor at work.

That's not only inappropriate it might be cause for a sexual harassment lawsuit.

Ok, but he came on to her, not the other way around...so yea..I don't she why she needs to back off when she wasn't "on him" in the first place; hence her rejection! She could of fired HIM/gotten him written up for hitting on her. The fact that she didn't shows she is a nice person.

• Author
Ok, but he came on to her, not the other way around...so yea..I don't she why she needs to back off when she wasn't "on him" in the first place; hence her rejection! She could of fired HIM/gotten him written up for hitting on her. The fact that she didn't shows she is a nice person.

Lol lets not get carried away ok? I asked her out without any harrasment, therefore she cant get me fired nor she is in position to do so,

What I'm suppose to think when she starts sending me texts like "I'm gonna kill you if you gonna annoy me again tomorrow!:laugh:" a

She started texting me AFTER I called her out.

She didnt said no to my date, she said she cant cause her mom comes to visit, so its a classic "no" or a legit excuse.