why am i still crushing on my co worker if he has a girlfriend

I have a crush on my co worker and I sensed that he liked me too .However,he told one of our co workers that he hadn't been coming to work that much because his girlfriend is sick so he has been staying home taking care for her.The co worker told us this when he left the room.

I have been wanting to find out if he has gf so I was happy that I found out without directly asking him.However,I was disappointed because I realized that nothing will come out it.I thought finding this out will make me lose interest but it hasn't.

I find myself looking forward to go to work to see him.We work in big building so we don't always work together on the same floor.I always check his schedule down stairs since they post everyone scedules .If I noticed that we are working on the same floor I wake up an hour ealier that day to do my hair and make up and look my best since I know he will be working with me.I have started taking pride in my appearance since I started crushing on him and some people at work have asked me if I have new bf etc because before I didn't care about my appearance

whenever I ran into him in the elevators my heart beats faster and I get nervous around him. It doesn't help that he recently got a hair cut and has been looking good. As far as I know he is not aware that I have a crush on him.I don't flirt with him or anything expect complimenting on his new hair cut

I really want to get over this annoying a crush and become indifference towards him but I cant. Switching jobs is not an option. He is the only guy I have had crush on since the I have been working there and I hate it especially now I know nothing will come out it. I am single btw

Has anyone been in situation where they where crushing on someone then found out they are already in a relationship?I just don't understand why I am still crushing on him despite him having a gf

Most of the crushes I have had are on people who are taken, so it's not that shocking. I think sometimes we are attracted to the thrill and excitement of the taboo versus being attracted to someone who is single. I have had this happen to me and crushes come and go. It doesn't always mean you need to act on them and in a lot of cases, it would be a bag idea to act on them and get tangled up in the mess where it can affect your job or cause drama with the girlfriend.

• Like 1
whichwayisup

You need to kill the crush and stop letting yourself get caught up in the fantasy of him. All that's doing is feeding your feelings. Tell yourself it's over and he's not available, that it's pointless to waste thought on someone who isn't into you and has a girlfriend. Be tough on yourself too, fight the thoughts, push the feelings away. You can do this!!

• Author

Well I started liking him before I found out he has a gf and I thought I had potential with him but then my hopes where crushed when I found out he has a gf.I don't think it has anything to do with wanting what i cant have in my case.As for me when I find out that they are taken then its useless.

When he was hired he was always friendly towards me and I thought nothing out of it and I felt indifferent towards him.

I don't know why but now a year later I started liking him and before I knew it I coudnt get him out of my mind.I want to kill the crush but i cant help it.If could just switch off my fealings then I would have done that long time ago.

My plan is to try to avoid him but that doesn't always work since we spontaneously work together from time to time .Hopefully this shall pass soon

Edited by Mizz Layta

Don't really have any advice but I know how ya feel.

I used to have a massive crush on one of the guys at one of my previous jobs. Worked there for nearly 3 years and it was super hard because he had a girlfriend, then all my hopes were crushed when she got pregnant because I knew he would stay with her.

Whats worse is that he always lightly flirted with me. He always asked if I was dating or seeing anybody and poked fun at the two different guys I brought to Christmas parties over the years. :lmao:

Oh well, he ended up leaving that job and so did I a couple of months after. I don't think about him anymore, don't feel anything when I see things on facebook. It's probably because you see him everyday you have this massive crush. Take your mind off him and find someone to date :)

• Like 1