I want to pursue a degree in psychology. I can see me working with child protective services. I want to know what a specific degree to pursue and how hard that job is to obtain once I am degreed. Also, what are the clinicals? I see online degrees and wanted to pursue this route. I do great online and its a lot more convenient, however do not mind going somewhere for clinicals sometimes. Tried to look it up and for instance if you look up Phoenix online, you will see my confusion. I know there will be some that know and can shed some light on this for me.

University of Phoenix is not as well regarded as many other OL programs. Do not limited yourself to the school with the best PR department.

To get a good paying job in that field you need at least a masters. An undergraduate degree only won't cut it.

• Like 2

I've known a few people with degrees for social work that could never find work in that area. CPS positions are government jobs and you know how restricted their budget is and I'm sure you've heard how severely understaffed they are with not enough people to handle the need. That's not because there's no one to do it. It's because there's no budget to hire people.

• Like 2

To be frank, most people I know who got Bachelor's degrees in Psychology ended up not getting Masters, but rather going on to different fields of work. I'd recommend you volunteer and get some sort of feel for the environment and field for a while before making such a heavy investment.